Birding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Monday I gained access to some land that belongs to a local company, and it contains one of the greatest birding places I've ever seen in my life. Check out this eBird report. Even if you don't bird, look at what we saw here. It was among the Top 50 days of my life...perfect weather and an idyllic setting. http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S29894971
    Feeling a little jealous. Looks like a fun place. Were the birds not bothered too much by your presence? Looks like you were able to get fairly close.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Feeling a little jealous. Looks like a fun place. Were the birds not bothered too much by your presence? Looks like you were able to get fairly close.

They would take off when we would first approach an area, but after about a minute or two, they'd return after they saw that we weren't advancing and weren't really threatening them. One time though my friend sneezed and the whole place just erupted into PISSED OFF CATTLE EGRETS squawking at him. They didn't take off, but you could tell they were unhappy with him.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I got an early Father's Day present this week in the form of having to spend some money before the end of the fiscal year. A nice upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          I got an early Father's Day present this week in the form of having to spend some money before the end of the fiscal year. A nice upgrade.

Don't accept it - wasn't made in 'Murica.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Holy crap!! Congrats.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Birds are so fucking stupid. I hate that animal with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

LOL!

I really don't hate birds. But I am a little frustrated that they keep #2'ing on my vehicle.

Comment

• This is what I like to take when I go bird watching:

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        LOL!

I really don't hate birds. But I am a little frustrated that they keep #2'ing on my vehicle.
                        do you not have covered parking...?
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Welcome to the Zeiss family. You will not regret that purchase. Here's what I've got.

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Don't accept it - wasn't made in 'Murica.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've actually sung that before when I've skipped church to go birding.
                          LOL!

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          This is what I like to take when I go bird watching:

PLEASE! DON'T SHOOT!

Last edited by wuapinmon; 06-16-2016, 03:04 PM.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I just realized that those are Victory HT's. Holy Crap!

Comment

• Found some fledgling eastern kingbirds high in a loblolly pine this evening, about 35 feet up

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X