Birding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    It's a junk shot, but if you're a birder, you might want to see what I saw today.
    I'm afraid you're going to have to tell me what that is and why I would want to see it. As a birder noob, I'm interested. There are multiple software packages that will get rid of the purple and green fringing (Chromatic aberrations).

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
      That's cool. Was it really hanging upside down from a branch like Schwarzenegger in Predator?
      Yes, it was.

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      I'm afraid you're going to have to tell me what that is and why I would want to see it. As a birder noob, I'm interested. There are multiple software packages that will get rid of the purple and green fringing (Chromatic aberrations).
      Endangered species. Red-cockaded woodpecker. Only about 10,000 left.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Yes, it was.

Endangered species. Red-cockaded woodpecker. Only about 10,000 left.
        10,000? that's more than enough to make a few tasty meat pies. After battling with woodpeckers at my house for years I have little patience for those peckerheads.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          10,000? that's more than enough to make a few tasty meat pies. After battling with woodpeckers at my house for years I have little patience for those peckerheads.
          Did you ever try a plastic owl? Solved my parents' woodpecker problem permanently. No holes in their siding for several years now.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            Did you ever try a plastic owl? Solved my parents' woodpecker problem permanently. No holes in their siding for several years now.
            Seriously? No, I have not tried that. I will be both happy and sort of annoyed if that works. But I will try it. ANy placement advice?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Seriously? No, I have not tried that. I will be both happy and sort of annoyed if that works. But I will try it. ANy placement advice?
              My advice: place it somewhere the woodpeckers can see it.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Got some more today.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

First time photographing oystercatchers. Could't get close enough to really get a nice portrait, so these will have to do. This is the nesting pair at Haystack rock in Cannon Beach, OR.

1C2A3728-Edit.jpg by Jon Pugmire, on Flickr

1C2A3755-Edit.jpg by Jon Pugmire, on Flickr

Comment

Those are great photos. Their bills, and the ones we have on the east coast, which aren't just straight black, are so vibrantly orange that they are a joy to behold.

Comment

This could've been a great shot. It came out of nowhere and disappeared again behind trees before I could switch my settings.

Comment

I got lucky in my backyard tonight, right at dusk.

Comment

I got lucky in my backyard tonight, right at dusk.

Beautiful bird

Comment

Oh... your back yard luck consists of taking a photo of a bird.

When I get lucky in the backyard, there are no cameras involved.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Oh... your back yard luck consists of taking a photo of a bird.

When I get lucky in the backyard, there are no cameras involved.
                              Beating off doesn't count as having had sex outside.

Comment

This one was really lucky. These things don't usually stay still long enough to even focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X