Birding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    That looks nothing like a duck. More like a loon, simpleton.
    A loon in easily twice the size of a rail.

Here's a Common Loon in someone's hands:

Here's a Clapper Rail:

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Well done Wuap! I’ll give you the recognition you deserve for that shot. Well done, indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• https://naturalresources.house.gov/u...9_cheney_1.pdf
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Last edited by wuapinmon; 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Pine siskins on my nyjer feeder just now.

Comment

• This is really funny. My students are mostly like this. NSFW language. Do not watch with volume up.

https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/vi...location=group

Comment

This is really funny. My students are mostly like this. NSFW language. Do not watch with volume up.

"He had it the whole time."

LOL, that was great.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This is really funny. My students are mostly like this. NSFW language. Do not watch with volume up.

Nature always finds a way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      Nature always finds a way!

Monday, we had a bumblebee in my classroom. Students started freaking out, over a bumblebee! I said, "My father was a professional beekeeper, and I learned from a young age that bees only sting you if you mess with them. That bee will go to the window and spend it's time there trying to escape, now let's all focus on our work." It's buzzing, over and over. A girl starts saying that she's super-duper sad that it can't go outside, and we should open a window. I tell them that "These windows were surplus guillotines leftover from the French Revolution. Also, they've been screwed shut, so you can't open them." She says, "well, we should try and help it." I say, "No, that's a good way to get stung, and having run over a bumblebee nest with my lawnmower when I was a kid, they hurt about like a wasp." It then starts flying around the room, causing them to shriek. One girl starts crying. Another students says, "We should have class outside" and that's when I took my shoe off, bent down and grabbed it, and then used it to obliterate the poor bumblebee against the window in my room, to audible gasps. I don't think that a single <redacted> one of them had ever killed a bee before.

God help us.

Comment

Monday, we had a bumblebee in my classroom. Students started freaking out, over a bumblebee! I said, "My father was a professional beekeeper, and I learned from a young age that bees only sting you if you mess with them. That bee will go to the window and spend it's time there trying to escape, now let's all focus on our work." It's buzzing, over and over. A girl starts saying that she's super-duper sad that it can't go outside, and we should open a window. I tell them that "These windows were surplus guillotines leftover from the French Revolution. Also, they've been screwed shut, so you can't open them." She says, "well, we should try and help it." I say, "No, that's a good way to get stung, and having run over a bumblebee nest with my lawnmower when I was a kid, they hurt about like a wasp." It then starts flying around the room, causing them to shriek. One girl starts crying. Another students says, "We should have class outside" and that's when I took my shoe off, bent down and grabbed it, and then used it to obliterate the poor bumblebee against the window in my room, to audible gasps. I don't think that a single <redacted> one of them had ever killed a bee before.

God help us.
                        Ha, I mentioned this to my wife, and she said it sounds like her 4th grade class. Except that most of the boys in her class would delight in smushing the bumblebee.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Great photos, Sir!
                            Last edited by happyone; 04-16-2018, 09:15 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Those are birds. Welcome back.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X