Ordain Beards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordain Beards!

Whoops. Sorry. Got my movements confused for a second.

Anyway, last week a group of BYU students staged a demonstration on campus against the beard ban.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58...rsity.html.csp

Predictably, the most common reaction was "If you don't like it, leave."

You will all be encouraged to know that LAU has been campaigning on FB in support of the Dress and Grooming Code and against these dadgummed agitators. I am guessing he is simultaneously mocking the code over on UB5.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Leroy Jenkins at it again.

"It’s nothing against beards," she said of the policy. "It’s just how we choose to represent ourselves at the university."
    Just because you don't believe in beards, Carrie, doesn't mean they don't exist! You can't silence me!
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

No attribution?
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

We're usually about 30 years behind on these things. When did beards stop being a symbol of hippie movement and antisocial behavior? 70's or 80's? We're probably about due to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post

Just because you don't believe in beards, Carrie, doesn't mean they don't exist! You can't silence me!
          Time's up, lets do this!

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            Time's up, lets do this!
            Dammit, Leroy. Stick to the plan!
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I'm against Carri Jenkins having a beard. There's absolutely no honor in it.
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Whoops. Sorry. Got my movements confused for a second.

Anyway, last week a group of BYU students staged a demonstration on campus against the beard ban.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58...rsity.html.csp

Predictably, the most common reaction was "If you don't like it, leave."

You will all be encouraged to know that LAU has been campaigning on FB in support of the Dress and Grooming Code and against these dadgummed agitators. I am guessing he is simultaneously mocking the code over on UB5.
                Can you please post what LAU has been saying? I don't have a facebook and want to laugh at him.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Can you please post what LAU has been saying? I don't have a facebook and want to laugh at him.
                  Sorry. Get off your lazy butt and make an account and friend me and I will help you out.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                    I'm against Carri Jenkins having a beard. There's absolutely no honor in it.
                    Heh.

Comment

And Ricks Seminary and Potato farm banned skinny jeans????

Bunch of cultists up there.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                        And Ricks Seminary and Potato farm banned skinny jeans????

Bunch of cultists up there.
                        One more bad winter up there and it'll be handmade full length dresses and bonnets! Not to mention what they'll make the women wear!

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post

and just how do we choose to represent ourselves at the university? I wish someone could ask her that follow up question.

It is ridiculous to ban beards, say it is how we choose to represent ourselves and say you are not sending a signal on how you feel about beards.

I wish they would just have the honesty to call it like it is. Banning of beards is one more thing that gives us control over the student body. We are in control, you are not. In my opinion they have every right to do so and they could even add more controls and they will not lack for students.

However, what does the way questions are answered say about the ability of those in power to be honest. It says they are bull shit artists with the best of them.
                          Last edited by byu71; 09-29-2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I like that you used "demonstration" instead of "protest" since the whole thing was weak. Maybe there's no demand for beards
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              I like that you used "demonstration" instead of "protest" since the whole thing was weak. Maybe there's no demand for beards
                              This could be an overstatement, but I think protests are generally weak in dictitorial societies. Especially when the issue is something like a beard. Most men at BYU probably don't care to have a beard and a lot of them who would have one won't deem it worth it to have their pictures taken by campus police and then monitored as agitators.

Comment

Working...
                              X