NBA 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Whoa. That's got to be enough to get you a foot in the door to the Bountiful swinger scene.
    Don't you have to be married?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      I realize that it is hard for you to hear about Andre Miller's success and longevity in the league when you can't even be sure that Jimmer Fredette will still be in the NBA at 27.
      And Ty Detmer was a successful NFL quarterback.

Comment

I realize that it is hard for you to hear about Andre Miller's success and longevity in the league when you can't even be sure that Jimmer Fredette will still be in the NBA at 27.
        Looks like jimmer is living in your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          And Ty Detmer was a successful NFL quarterback.
          That comparison would work if Miller spent his entire NBA career on the bench, rather than being a starter 75% of his games played. It also might work if there were entire NBA seasons where Miller didn't even see the floor. Also, were there any major statistical categories that Detmer is top 10 all time in?
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

That comparison would work if Miller spent his entire NBA career on the bench, rather than being a starter 75% of his games played. It also might work if there were entire NBA seasons where Miller didn't even see the floor. Also, were there any major statistical categories that Detmer is top 10 all time in?
            Apples and oranges. There is one QB on the football field at a time and as long as he plays reasonably well and stays healthy, the other guy won't play. The only thing that is comparable is that they both enjoyed long careers, made a lot of money and were average when they did get time.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Apples and oranges. There is one QB on the football field at a time and as long as he plays reasonably well and stays healthy, the other guy won't play. The only thing that is comparable is that they both enjoyed long careers, made a lot of money and were average when they did get time.
              Calling Ty Detmer average when he plays is a huge overstatement. He was bad. Miller is also better than average.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I think it's clear that Ty was much more intelligent at football than Andre is in basketball.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Calling Ty Detmer average when he plays is a huge overstatement. He was bad. Miller is also better than average.
                  Andre Miller has had a PER under 15 3 of the last 4 years. By definition he is below average.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    Andre Miller has had a PER under 15 3 of the last 4 years. By definition he is below average.
                    And for 14 seasons he was over 15 PER.
                    He is top 50 all time in win shares.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

And for 14 seasons he was over 15 PER.
                      He is top 50 all time in win shares.
                      What the hell is a win share? Do they give out rings for players that have the most each season?
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Kyle Korver is #20 in offensive win shares this season.

James Haren is #5 in defensive win shares

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          What the hell is a win share? Do they give out rings for players that have the most each season?
                          It is an advanced metric that measures the wins added to a team by a player.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It is an advanced metric that measures the wins added to a team by a player.
                            Please post the formula

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Please post the formula
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/3...l-andre-miller

For one, it would be unfair to give Karl total credit, as the acquisition of Andre Miller for Ramon Sessions has played a big part. Backup Point Guard was a complete mess before Miller's acquisition and Miller has been very good since coming to Sacramento, averaging 7.6 points, 5.4 assists and 3.6 rebounds in just 22.8 minutes a game. Having a PG like Miller run Sacramento's bench makes everyone better. Miller currently has an Assist Percentage of 39.7%, which would be the highest for a Sacramento Kings player since *looks it up* ever. Of course, small sample sizes apply here but still; Miller's passing and leadership on the floor has been a huge boon for everyone involved.
                                Miller had 12 points and 10 assists last night in 25 minutes of play.
                                Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 03-02-2015, 03:29 PM.
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X