LDS teachings that are just rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS teachings that are just rad

I have always liked the teaching that God lives around Kolob. Pretty rad that we know God's neighborhood.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

I've always liked the idea that 1,000 years on earth equals one day to God. Makes me optimistic that when I Am a God, I'll be able to accomplish so much more in a day. Maybe get a massage, engage in a menage, get the Porsche out of the garage, and even eat a croissant at a French restaurant all in the same day.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

the radest Mormon teaching/folklore is the three nephite highlanders kicking ass throughout history and maybe even today...
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        I've always liked the idea that 1,000 years on earth equals one day to God. Makes me optimistic that when I Am a God, I'll be able to accomplish so much more in a day. Maybe get a massage, engage in a menage, get the Porsche out of the garage, and even eat a croissant at a French restaurant all in the same day.
        I like the thought of having personal conversations with the Lord through prayer.

jesus: what up DDD?
        DDD: I just chillin. Trying to stack these millions.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I like the thought of having personal conversations with the Lord through prayer.

jesus: what up DDD?
          DDD: I just chillin. Trying to stack these millions.
          I also like the idea of the temple being God's home on earth and how all worthy members can go there. It's like God is saying "mi casa es su casa." And as much as people complain about non-members not being let in, too bad, that's our cosa nostra.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I like the belief that if we martyr ourselves for the cause we get 72 fresh honeys waiting for us in the CK.

Comment

I like the doctrine that all other religions are wrong. Makes me glad I picked the right one!
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                I like the belief that if we martyr ourselves for the cause we get 72 fresh honeys waiting for us in the CK.
                Bro, I think that's Islam.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

I like that I had a reason beyond self-discipline to stop drinking when I was 17. Otherwise, I don't think I could've. My life has been better because of it. This I know.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Bro, I think that's Islam.
                    We accept truth from all sources so it counts.

Comment

I like active personal revelation, and The Gift of the Holy Ghost. As I get older and more adept in my High Priest skills, the more dependent I become on TGOTHG.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Sounds like most of you guys don't believe in Mormonism at all. Just pretending to believe?
                        That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                          Sounds like most of you guys don't believe in Mormonism at all. Just pretending to believe?
                          Great question! I better these "fakers" wither under your harsh scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                            I have always liked the teaching that God lives around Kolob. Pretty rad that we know God's neighborhood.
                            So does God need a starship to get around or does he mainly hang out in his neighborhood?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

1. Flat tax. Better for rich people. The US Federal Government needs to take note.

2. We know how to figure out if a spirit is an angel or devil.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-te...c/129?lang=eng

Comment

Working...
                              X