Ann Coulter on Missionary Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Coulter on Missionary Work

Ann Coulter, Donald Trump and a few others questioning why we are allowing ebola patients back in the US. Sister Coulter doubles down and condemns missionary work in general:

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/08/...mp-ben-carson/

U.S. Columnist Ann Coulter went further, questioning why the missionaries were working in the “disease-ridden cesspools” of Africa.

“If Dr. Brantly had practiced at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles and turned one single Hollywood power-broker to Christ, he would have done more good for the entire world than anything he could accomplish in a century spent in Liberia,” Coulter wrote in a column.
    That is funny. (not her comment, but how loony she is)
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Ann Coulter, Donald Trump and a few others questioning why we are allowing ebola patients back in the US. Sister Coulter doubles down and condemns missionary work in general:

She wanted us to kill all non-Christian peoples' leaders and convert them to Christianity .

Comment

Even amongst my most diehard conservative FB friends, I really don't see much posting about Coulter. I wonder who pays any attention to her.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Ann Coulter on Missionary Work

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Reminds me of the anthropologist, Loren Eisley's story about throwing sea stars (there's no such thing as star fish) into the tide to save them from a desiccating death. An observer says, but there are thousands along the beach, you can't save them all." "True, but this one is a power broker."
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Looks like Dr. Kent Brantly has recovered and is being released today. Just saw the news conference.

He took a Tim Tebow approach, thanked God repeatedly for answering prayers and healing him, mentioned that thousands have prayed for him, implying I guess that volume of prayers makes a big difference to God.

On the one had it strikes me as so stupid and illogical to think God cured his Ebola because so many people were praying for him -- but at the same time religious wackos like him do a lot of great things. I guess it's just a trade-off. Liberal atheists are self-centered assholes for the most part. Stupid illogical religionists are selfless and nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            Looks like Dr. Kent Brantly has recovered and is being released today. Just saw the news conference.

He took a Tim Tebow approach, thanked God repeatedly for answering prayers and healing him, mentioned that thousands have prayed for him, implying I guess that volume of prayers makes a big difference to God.

On the one had it strikes me as so stupid and illogical to think God cured his Ebola because so many people were praying for him -- but at the same time religious wackos like him do a lot of great things. I guess it's just a trade-off. Liberal atheists are self-centered assholes for the most part. Stupid illogical religionists are selfless and nice.
            religious wacko? Sheesh, a little harsh, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              religious wacko? Sheesh, a little harsh, don't you think?
              No I don't think so.

Comment

No I don't think so.
                So your qualification of a religious wacko is someone who believes that God hears and answers prayers?

Comment

No I don't think so.
                  Dude was praying to the same God that gave him Ebola in the first place? Yep, whacko.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

So your qualification of a religious wacko is someone who believes that God hears and answers prayers?
                    You don't think it's a bit nuts to pray to the God who gave you a terrible disease in the first place? Does God just mess with us like that, give us a disease and see how we react? Or maybe God just wanted to push TKM-Ebola through trials a little faster?
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                      Dude was praying to the same God that gave him Ebola in the first place? Yep, whacko.
                      So you appear to be taking this a step further....anyone who prays is a whacko?

Comment

So you appear to be taking this a step further....anyone who prays is a whacko?
                        Not really, mainly just trolling you.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                          You don't think it's a bit nuts to pray to the God who gave you a terrible disease in the first place? Does God just mess with us like that, give us a disease and see how we react? Or maybe God just wanted to push TKM-Ebola through trials a little faster?
                          I don't think it is "nuts", no. I don't pretend to know what purpose God has in allowing for disease or other terrible life events, nor do I pretend to know whether he will intercede on our behalf. But I don't think others are "nuts" because they believe in God and His ability to heal.

Comment

I think he's a good man clearly who was doing an awesome thing helping people in Africa. I have a ton of respect for that.

If he said that God/family/church helped him endure a difficult illness then I'm cool with that.

But as a doctor he should know damn well that every one of those 1000 Ebola patients who died was somebody's mother/father/spouse/child and certainly had loved ones who hoped and prayed like hell and those prayers went unanswered.

Sorry but it's totally nutty for a doctor who saw families wiped out, little kids wiped out by the illness to believe that God finally stepped in and saved him because of prayer. What the hell kind of God does he believe in? A pretty shitty one if you ask me.

Comment

I think he's a good man clearly who was doing an awesome thing helping people in Africa. I have a ton of respect for that.

If he said that God/family/church helped him endure a difficult illness then I'm cool with that.

But as a doctor he should know damn well that every one of those 1000 Ebola patients who died was somebody's mother/father/spouse/child and certainly had loved ones who hoped and prayed like hell and those prayers went unanswered.

Sorry but it's totally nutty for a doctor who saw families wiped out, little kids wiped out by the illness to believe that God finally stepped in and saved him because of prayer. What the hell kind of God does he believe in? A pretty shitty one if you ask me.
                              So you think that anyone who believes God answers prayers is nutty?

Comment

Working...
                              X