2014 PGA Championship @ Valhalla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    Congrats, DT, but Surfah chooses Rory, Phil, and Fowler and doesn't win? Lol.
    Yeah. This scoring format was not my favorite. SJBH.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Yeah. This scoring format was not my favorite. SJBH.
      It was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Congrats, DT, but Surfah chooses Rory, Phil, and Fowler and doesn't win? Lol.
        Ouch. that's effed up.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Thanks DT... I've been swamped and couldn't get to it Sunday night.

I owe you a solid.

Is Rory going to kill golf as we know it? What kind of format should we use going forward next year?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            Thanks DT... I've been swamped and couldn't get to it Sunday night.

I owe you a solid.

Is Rory going to kill golf as we know it? What kind of format should we use going forward next year?
            Personally, I liked the CUF (now CS) fantasy golf league we had a couple years back.

I like this U Pick'em format as well. It will take a little more work on the part of whoever is keeping track, but being able to pick 10 golfers will make it a bit more interesting and the result will not be skewed by one or two dominant golfers. It also allows us to pick and choose what tournaments we want to have the challenge on, unlike fantasy golf.

Pick the golfers you think will finish 1st through 10th for each of the tournaments. You get points for the place in which your golfers finish and bonus points if you pick them to finish in the right place. Players are awarded Fantasy Money depending on how they finish in an event. Your total take for an event is sum of the Fantasy Money for all the players on your team. 1st place is worth $1,000,000, 2nd place is worth $900,000, 3rd place is worth $800,000, 4th place is worth $720,000, 5th place is worth $700,000, and so on (less $20,000 each place). 40th place and beyond are worth 0 points. There is an additional $250,000 bonus for every players that finishes the exact order you picked them to finish.
            "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
              Pick the golfers you think will finish 1st through 10th for each of the tournaments. You get points for the place in which your golfers finish and bonus points if you pick them to finish in the right place. Players are awarded Fantasy Money depending on how they finish in an event. Your total take for an event is sum of the Fantasy Money for all the players on your team. 1st place is worth $1,000,000, 2nd place is worth $900,000, 3rd place is worth $800,000, 4th place is worth $720,000, 5th place is worth $700,000, and so on (less $20,000 each place). 40th place and beyond are worth 0 points. There is an additional $250,000 bonus for every players that finishes the exact order you picked them to finish..
              Using the format above, and assuming your picks are your choices 1-4, here are what the results would have been. Having 10 golfers would make the difference even greater.
              Attached Files
              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Just spitballing here... We could have 3 concurrent formats, (three methods of playing) and the best aggregate score could be the winner.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                X