Meatballs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meatballs

The expected number is growing for people at our house on Sunday, and I think I need to go with finger foods on small plates rather than something you can sit down to eat. I'd like to smoke some meatballs, but there will also be too many to mess with MOINKS.

Anyone have some good ideas for smoking meatballs? Just dust, smoke, and mop with sauce?
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Broil each side and drop in a vat of simmering homemade BBQ sauce. Done. No smoker necessary.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

On Thursday night I tried a trial batch but the meatball recipe I used was more of an italian meatball and the combination of flavors with the hickory smoke wasn't very good. So I went simple:

2:1 ratio of ground beef to pork sausage
      bread crumbs
      dehyradated onions
      Plowboys bovine rub
      A little Cowtown bbq sauce

Smoked them on hickory for an hour and a half at 225 then tossed them lightly with some warmed bbq sauce. Very tasty.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
      X