2014-2015 NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    The NFL is not going to come out looking good with this one. I guess in the future the NFL needs to think before they consider knocking a woman unconscious 1/8 as bad as smoking weed.
    "the NFL is run by a bunch of bad people" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      Why else would they schedule football games on the Sabbath and during Family Home Evening?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

What is going to happen to the NFL over this? Is any meaningful number of people going to stop watching? I doubt it.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          What is going to happen to the NFL over this? Is any meaningful number of people going to stop watching? I doubt it.
          No effing way. The NFL is untouchable.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Why else would they schedule football games on the Sabbath and during Family Home Evening?
            You may be on to something there.

Comment

Goodell should have never appointed himself the judge, jury and executioner with these player misconduct situations. By starting this new policy and putting himself in the spotlight, it only drew more attention to each instance of misconduct. On top of that, Goodell is as capricious as hell and there was no rhyme or reason behind the length of many of these suspensions.

Ratings will be remain fine, and I don't know if this ends up like Duck Dynasty or like Donald Sterling. Sponsors might start dropping out, but I can't help but think that will just hurt them more than the NFL. A&E was going to get hurt more by removing Duck Dynasty from its programming then the other way around -- Duck Dynasty would have ended up on another network within a year. The Sterling situation was different because there was a real possibility that the Clippers' own players would start boycotting games and sponsors were leaving and the NBA did an effective job confining that mess to just Sterling and the Clippers.

What I do know is it's ridiculous that Roger Goodell makes $44 million. I understand the owners are raking in the cash, but I don't think that's necessarily due to anything that Goodell has done that wouldn't have been done by another commissioner. The increased cash flow probably has more to do with more fantasy players and increased ability to watch games due to maturation of the internet and DVRs during his tenure. Sure, he's increased the exposure to the draft and created another night for football (Thursday), but the ratings for the draft and the games were already climbing before he became the commissioner and Thursday night games were already periodically happening.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Just to document the slow death watch of Goodell....

Apparently Rice told Goodell that he hit his fiancée in the face and knocked her unconscious in June, back during his disciplinary hearing.

I wonder if what Goodell is saying about the video is true, and he really didn't see it. Because it sounds like it doesn't matter, since he knew all the details early on.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...e-had-hit-wife
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Did the NFL pull Rihanna singing from the start of Thursday night game because she is a victim of domestic violence?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Did the NFL pull Rihanna singing from the start of Thursday night game because she is a victim of domestic violence?
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ted-child-case

Hardin issued a statement Friday saying his client's conduct "involves using a switch to spank his son." According to a report by Sports Radio 610 in Houston, Peterson removed the leaves of a tree branch, which he referred to in a police report as "a switch," to strike the child.

"This indictment follows Adrian's full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son," Hardin said in his statement. "He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened."
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Sounds a lot like how my parents meted out discipline.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

From my Facebook feed:

You got Ravens beating wives, Vikings beating kids, and Cowboys still beating nobody.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Sounds a lot like how my parents meted out discipline.
                            Good thing your father didn't play in the NFL.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              Good thing your father didn't play in the NFL.
                              Father? My mom was the one using switches.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

It looked to me like RG III broke his ankle.

The way they wrapped it it looks like a knee.

Comment

Working...
                                X