Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bag

Default bag

I doubt anyone here will recognize me from CB because I've only been on CB for a year or so and I don't post a ton of messages. I enjoy CB for what it is. I have lurked here for a week or so and really enjoy it so far. It's nice not having to read 15 pages of posts to see what's going on.

I am married with 3 kids (all girls...there's a lot of pink in my house). I served a mission in Italy. I enjoy cooking and I really like the food posts here. My specialty is Italian food and I will post some recipes in the future.

I am a big fan of the following teams:

St. Louis Cardinals
    BYU football
    USU basketball

and to a lesser extent the Utah Jazz as well.

I enjoy the NFL but don't really have a favorite team. It used to be the 49ers because I was in HS during the Steve Young glory days.

I did not go to BYU, but I grew up a BYU footbal fan and that has not changed. I grew up outside of UT and would go to the stake center on Saturdays to watch the games with my dad (a BYU alum). I still watch all the games with my dad and we make it to a few every year.

I went to USU and that is why I am a USU basketball fan. However, I am more of a BYU football fan than a USU basketball fan...if that makes sense. I know that's pretty weird, but that's where I stand.

I don't know how often I will post, but I will enjoy reading your posts. I hope this introduction is not too long. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Welcome. Nice avatar. I really need to make it out to St. Louis to go to the new Busch stadium. There are several former Itallian missionaries on here that I'm sure would love to discuss with you a love for the country, and many more who would take you up on any chance to discuss quality Italian food. Happy posting!

Welcome, bag! Feel free to post often.

I am already excited for your Italian food recipes. It will be nice to finally have someone around here that knows what he is talking about when it comes to Italy!

You already answered my sports questions.

What's the scoop with your name? A nod to the home of Bilbo Baggins or simply a playful reference to an old euphemism for condoms?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by bag View Post
    I am a big fan of the following teams:

St. Louis Cardinals
    BYU football
    USU basketball

and to a lesser extent the Utah Jazz as well.
    Welcome. It's odd that your taste in football is wonderful, but in all other sports it completely sucks.
    Last edited by Clark Addison; 07-21-2009 at 09:22 AM.

It will be nice to have you here Bags. Post often!

Welcome, I am glad to have you here.

You are't related to Bags1 are you. If you are, I am not happy to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Welcome, bag! Feel free to post often.

I am already excited for your Italian food recipes. It will be nice to finally have someone around here that knows what he is talking about when it comes to Italy!

You already answered my sports questions.

What's the scoop with your name? A nod to the home of Bilbo Baggins or simply a playful reference to an old euphemism for condoms?
    b.a.g. are my initials. Pretty lame huh? I don't mean my initials are lame...I like that they spell bag...I can't wait until I get a monogrammed brief case with "bag" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    Welcome, I am glad to have you here.

You are't related to Bags1 are you. If you are, I am not happy to have you here.
    No relation that I know of. You can feel free to be glad that I am here.

b.a.g. are my initials. Pretty lame huh? I don't mean my initials are lame...I like that they spell bag...I can't wait until I get a monogrammed brief case with "bag" on it.
    ohmygosh! I loved you in 90210!

I knew you were LDS. I kept telling my friends that it wasn't just a rumor, but nobody believed me. I am so happy to learn that you are a byu fan!

ps megan fox is hot. nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    ohmygosh! I loved you in 90210!

I knew you were LDS. I kept telling my friends that it wasn't just a rumor, but nobody believed me. I am so happy to learn that you are a byu fan!

ps megan fox is hot. nice job!
    Yeah, Megan was OK. I've had better. Any way to post audio here? I can post some of my new raps.

Bag,

Do not toy with me, this question is very serious, and anything other than an honest and thoughtful answer will make you dead to me, no matter that Mrs. wuapinmon is an Aggie. Choose wisely, I'd hate to have to put you on ignore from day one.

When Zaphod Beeblebrox stole the Heart of Gold shortly after its unveiling, he also gained possession of Marvin, a clinically depressed robot. This robot saves their bacon at one point, and a few whatevers later, a band of Earthlings crafted a song called "Paranoid Android" in his honor. Basically, when the revolution comes, should Radiohead be first against the wall?
    Last edited by wuapinmon; 07-21-2009 at 09:16 AM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Yeah, Megan was OK. I've had better. Any way to post audio here? I can post some of my new raps.
    bag., I know people and I have a very good feeling about you.

Welcome.

Why the St Louis Cardinals? My wife is from there and likes them too. She even sang the National Anthem at a game with her family as a kid, and then got relegated to the upper deck.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Welcome.

Why the St Louis Cardinals? My wife is from there and likes them too. She even sang the National Anthem at a game with her family as a kid, and then got relegated to the upper deck.
    I lived in St. Louis until I was 5. I don't remember a lot, but I still have family there and we travel back frequently for to go to some games and eat Ted Drewes Frozen Custard....mmmmm.

I lived in St. Louis until I was 5. I don't remember a lot, but I still have family there and we travel back frequently for to go to some games and eat Ted Drewes Frozen Custard....mmmmm.
    Good place to be from.

My wife tells me that if we are ever asked to go to Missouri, she isn't going. So much for Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Bag,

Do not toy with me, this question is very serious, and anything other than an honest and thoughtful answer will make you dead to me, no matter that Mrs. wuapinmon is an Aggie. Choose wisely, I'd hate to have to put you on ignore from day one.

When Zaphod Beeblebrox stole the Heart of Gold shortly after its unveiling, he also gained possession of Marvin, a clinically depressed robot. This robot saves their bacon at one point, and a few whatevers later, a band of Earthlings crafted a song called "Paranoid Android" in his honor. Basically, when the revolution comes, should Radiohead be first against the wall?
    I don't think Radiohead would be first against the wall. I like Radiohead. I'm not a huge fan, but I enjoy their music.

Welcome bag.

I remember your posts from CB, specifically your SL icon. I always take note of who my enemies are. Don't even think of starting an "Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread" thread.

Again, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Welcome bag.

I remember your posts from CB, specifically your SL icon. I always take note of who my enemies are. Don't even think of starting an "Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread" thread.

Again, welcome.
    Reds fan? That must have been painful over the last 19 years or so.

Good morning bag. Hope you stick around. What is your signature Italian dish?

Tony LaRussa sucks.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Reds fan? That must have been painful over the last 19 years or so.
    You think your biggest rival in the NL Central is the REDS?!

I'm interested about your thoughts about Tony LaRusssa and his overall suckiness level.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'm interested about your thoughts about Tony LaRusssa and his overall suckiness level.
    He SUCKS! And he's a vampire, to boot.

Dusty Baker also sucks. Lord Pinella is alright.

man, he already left. Way to go, guys.

Oh, and LaRussa sucks.

Definitely not. Your location said Cin Citi. I assumed that was Cinncinnati and that you were a Reds fan. If you're a Cubs fan, you have been in pain much longer than 19 years. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    Good morning bag. Hope you stick around. What is your signature Italian dish?

My favorite is a nice bolognese with home made tagliatelle or the same sauce made into lasagne.

I also like the mushroom ragu I've made a few times.

We frequently have carbonara in my home.

We have been getting pees out of our garden lately and we've enjoyed a nice cream sauce with fresh pees and ham.

I could go on and on...

We have been getting pees out of our garden lately and we've enjoyed a nice cream sauce with fresh pees and ham.
    ROFL

Definitely not. Your location said Cin Citi. I assumed that was Cinncinnati and that you were a Reds fan. If you're a Cubs fan, you have been in pain much longer than 19 years. My condolences.
    Cin Citi = Sin City. And you are right to recognize the depth of my sorrows.

My favorite is a nice bolognese with home made tagliatelle or the same sauce made into lasagne.

I also like the mushroom ragu I've made a few times.

We frequently have carbonara in my home.

I could go on and on...
    I retract my earlier request for your yummy Italian recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Basically, when the revolution comes, should Radiohead be first against the wall?
    I have always been taught that those who ask dumb questions will be the first against the wall. Is that not right?