Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

Default The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

This is the thread for Soonercoug to talk about what he loves about the Church. No negativity allowed. I think there are plenty of other threads for that. My concern is that his image here on CougarStadium has taken a bit of a hit lately. This should help balance things a bit.

And for those who are close to Soonercoug, please add your personal anecdotes to illustrate his pro-Mormon-ness.

Let me preempt the "crickets" post that will surely come if nothing is posted immediately. Give it time.

SoonerCoug served an LDS mission. Thomas S. Monson can't make that claim.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Sooner posts mormonads in his apartment. Including this one:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

This thread makes me miss Rocky Balboa (the poster, not the movie character).

Sooner still G's up every day.

Joycelyn Elders Supporter SoonerCoug's Avatar

On display in my home, I have a Sunstone and a Book of Mormon. I was a Gordon B. Hinckley scholar even though I told them that I didn't believe there was anything in the gospel that a person could know for sure.

I like fry sauce.

I want BYU to become the best university in the world, and I want Mormonism to be more like a university while they are at it.

I also have a no soliciting sign.
    Last edited by SoonerCoug; 07-26-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

He is probably the top recruiter for BYU and Mormon themed message board cougarstadium.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    SoonerCoug served an LDS mission. Thomas S. Monson can't make that claim.
    He was an AP, even. I don't know if TSM can make that claim.

He pays 5% of his increase as tithes to the church. Most American cannot make that claim.

SoonerCoug has met 3 of the last 5 prophets and follows the Mormon Newsroom and apostles on twitter.

He used to follow the Church's official twitter account but can't anymore because he was blocked by @LDSChurch (AKA God's official twitter account) after he posted the Delbert Stapley letter.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Sooner still G's up every day.
    Attachment 4598

He considers himself LDS Royalty, so he must be related to Jimmy Osmond.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    He pays 5% of his increase as tithes to the church. Most American cannot make that claim.
    Hell, I can't even make that claim! And he makes only 80K!

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

He's such a fan of Mormon hero Karl Malone that he similarly talks about himself in a the 3rd person.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

I'm guessing he possesses a lot more Christlike attributes than your average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I'm guessing he possesses a lot more Christlike attributes than your average Joe.

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Where it never snows, but there's always Blizzard

Sooner helped me get my first job at BYU. I got to show Chieko Okazaki how to use the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
    SoonerCoug has met 3 of the last 5 prophets and follows the Mormon Newsroom and apostles on twitter.

He used to follow the Church's official twitter account but can't anymore because he was blocked by @LDSChurch (AKA God's official twitter account) after he posted the Delbert Stapley letter.
    I met GBH for the first time when I was 11 (1983). He came to the mission home to visit my father and following dinner watched me jam out to Electric Avenue.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Sooner stays mostly cool, calm, and collected in the face of many ad hominem attacks (even though I still maintain that he's trolling in about 95% of his Foyer threads).
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Sooner stays mostly cool, calm, and collected in the face of many ad hominem attacks (even though I still maintain that he's trolling in about 95% of his Foyer threads).
    Wrong thread. What does that have to do with being pro-mormon?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    What do any of these have to do with being pro-Mormon?

On display in my home, I have a Sunstone and a Book of Mormon. I was a Gordon B. Hinckley scholar even though I told them that I didn't believe there was anything in the gospel that a person could know for sure.

I like fry sauce.

I want BYU to become the best university in the world, and I want Mormonism to be more like a university while they are at it.

I also have a no soliciting sign.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Sooner turns the other cheek like Jesus would do, while confronting and boldly educating(again, just like Jesus) his own Pharisees. He only wants what's best for the Church. He's severely misguided but pro-Mormon nonetheless.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I agree. I hardly think my alleged deviation from the topic would have been an anomaly in this thread.

Soonercoug loves BYU. Everyone knows you love BYU if you are pro-Mormon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Soonercoug loves BYU. Everyone knows you love BYU if you are pro-Mormon.
    He loves BYU. He just wants to radically and fundamentally change it, is all.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

He loves BYU. He just wants to radically and fundamentally change it, is all.
    That was dangerously close to negative.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    That was dangerously close to negative.
    I though the negativity proscription only applied to Sooner?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

My no soliciting sign is for religious people who come to my door trying to convert me. I don't want to be converted.

Fry sauce is Mormon.

I met prophets because I'm Mormon. In fact, I am willing to bet that I have met more prophets than anyone on this board. Maybe this experience gives me special insight.

My no soliciting sign is for religious people who come to my door trying to convert me. I don't want to be converted.

Fry sauce is Mormon.

I met prophets because I'm Mormon. In fact, I am willing to bet that I have met more prophets than anyone on this board. Maybe this experience gives me special insight.
    None of those things are pro-Mormon.

You may not want to be converted to any other religion because you don't believe in God.

Fry Sauce is Utah - not Mormon.

You met prophets because you are Mormon.... I think you met prophets because your relatives are Mormon, and probably pro-Mormon. Regardless, you may have met them, but you don't respect them or what they are doing, which is also not pro-Mormon.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

None of those things are pro-Mormon.

You may not want to be converted to any other religion because you don't believe in God.

Fry Sauce is Utah - not Mormon.

You met prophets because you are Mormon.... I think you met prophets because your relatives are Mormon, and probably pro-Mormon. Regardless, you may have met them, but you don't respect them or what they are doing, which is also not pro-Mormon.
    I have been called a "hardcore Mormon" by coworkers. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm wearing the garb. I spent two years in Siberia for the Church. I have donated large amounts of time and money to their cause. I think this qualifies me as being pro-Mormon.

I met Hinckley because BYU thought I should have a scholarship in his name. I told them I didn't think anything in the gospel could really be known for sure. They still viewed me as pro-Mormon.

If I didn't care about Mormonism I wouldn't say anything about it. I want it to improve. That's all. Go Mormonism!
    Last edited by SoonerCoug; 07-30-2014 at 12:26 PM.