Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I see. You just like to act like you are God.
    Oh snap. Major zinger there.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
      Do you hate everything with mayo or mayo-like ingredients? Potato salad? coleslaw? salad dressing? Do you put dressing on your salad, sir? How can anybody trust a man who doesn't dress his salad?!? Pro-Mormon? Are you even pro-American?

Your sheep costume isn't fitting very well right now, Mr. Wolfe.
      The real wolf is mayonnaise. How should I know if mayonnaise has disguised itself sufficiently to deceive my taste buds? A real American does not eat salad. Now, we see you are European, pretending to be American. A real American eats only meat, some fruit, cheese, fowl, fish, and in that vein sushi, grains, starches and chocolate. You have revealed yourself, Frenchie!
      Last edited by Topper; 07-31-2014, 08:30 AM.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        The real wolf is mayonnaise. How should I know if mayonnaise has disguised itself sufficiently to deceive my taste buds? A real American does not eat salad. Now, we see you are European, pretending to be American. A real American eats only meat, some fruit, cheese, fowl, fish, and in that vein sushi, grains, starches and chocolate. You have revealed yourself, Frenchie!
        Sounds Swansonesque.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
          10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;

13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
          I get it, now. Unlike Sooner, you hate Mormons. Otherwise why in the world would you castigate us as you have. Based upon our health code, you brand us as un-American "Frenchies." We, members of Americas own home-grown religion, "Frenchies." I now have an inkling of what our forefathers felt being driven from their homes by their own neighbors. You can take our fry sauce, our mayo-based dishes, our green jello, but you will never take our dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
            I get it, now. Unlike Sooner, you hate Mormons. Otherwise why in the world would you castigate us as you have. Based upon our health code, you brand us as un-American "Frenchies." We, members of Americas own home-grown religion, "Frenchies." I now have an inkling of what our forefathers felt being driven from their homes by their own neighbors. You can take our fry sauce, our mayo-based dishes, our green jello, but you will never take our dignity.
            So now you're saying those with smokers are anti-Mormon? Those are fighting word, Dude.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

A picture of Topper's watch:

222221d1254624671-eddie-griffins-breitling-squirtin-ketchup-watch-fakebreitling-movie.jpg
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I feel like bumping this thread for no particular reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  I feel like bumping this thread for no particular reason.
                  pretty funny thread idea, tbh.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

People were bagging on him at the time, probably because of how he gets, and I honestly just wanted to change the tone of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      People were bagging on him at the time, probably because of how he gets, and I honestly just wanted to change the tone of things.
                      instead he changed his name and got more annoying. It's interesting to read his old posts. In one I remember him talking about how on his mission he focused on just being friendly to the locals because he just wanted them to have a good impression of the church. He never pushed in any way -- the hard sell wasn't going to be effective. But then years later when he decided to become a full time missionary for atheism, suddenly the preferred approach to communicating his beliefs is to become the equivalent of the super annoying TV used car salesman screaming into a microphone, while at the same time wondering why he annoys people. Super odd.

Comment

i think instead of bumping old threads we could probably just command him to depart by an arm raised to the square by authority of the holy melchizedek priesthood and in the name of jc, following which he would hiss and slither away
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Some of you folks take this guy way too seriously. Sheesh.

Remember when he started a "Take a vacation from the church" thread and everyone turned it into a fun thread about actual vacations? Maybe more of that and less of the vitriol.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Some of you folks take this guy way too seriously. Sheesh.

Remember when he started a "Take a vacation from the church" thread and everyone turned it into a fun thread about actual vacations? Maybe more of that and less of the vitriol.
                            lol. have you read the thread? if anybody is taking things to seriously in this thread, it appears to be post #57. maybe bluek above - outside of that post and yours, folks just seem to be having fun with it.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              i think instead of bumping old threads we could probably just command him to depart by an arm raised to the square by authority of the holy melchizedek priesthood and in the name of jc, following which he would hiss and slither away
                              If it wasn't so irreverent, and throwing His initials back into President Russell Marion Nelson's face... I'd laugh a little harder and say nice...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                lol. have you read the thread? if anybody is taking things to seriously in this thread, it appears to be post #57. maybe bluek above - outside of that post and yours, folks just seem to be having fun with it.
                                Why do you think I am only referring to this thread?

Also, not sure you are the best one to make this argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X