Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

This is the thread for Soonercoug to talk about what he loves about the Church. No negativity allowed. I think there are plenty of other threads for that. My concern is that his image here on CougarStadium has taken a bit of a hit lately. This should help balance things a bit.

And for those who are close to Soonercoug, please add your personal anecdotes to illustrate his pro-Mormon-ness.

Let me preempt the "crickets" post that will surely come if nothing is posted immediately. Give it time.

SoonerCoug served an LDS mission. Thomas S. Monson can't make that claim.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Sooner posts mormonads in his apartment. Including this one:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This thread makes me miss Rocky Balboa (the poster, not the movie character).

Comment

Sooner still G's up every day.

Comment

On display in my home, I have a Sunstone and a Book of Mormon. I was a Gordon B. Hinckley scholar even though I told them that I didn't believe there was anything in the gospel that a person could know for sure.

I like fry sauce.

I want BYU to become the best university in the world, and I want Mormonism to be more like a university while they are at it.

I also have a no soliciting sign.
            Last edited by SoonerCoug; 07-26-2014, 01:39 PM.
            That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

He is probably the top recruiter for BYU and Mormon themed message board cougarstadium.com.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                SoonerCoug served an LDS mission. Thomas S. Monson can't make that claim.
                He was an AP, even. I don't know if TSM can make that claim.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

He pays 5% of his increase as tithes to the church. Most American cannot make that claim.

Comment

SoonerCoug has met 3 of the last 5 prophets and follows the Mormon Newsroom and apostles on twitter.

He used to follow the Church's official twitter account but can't anymore because he was blocked by @LDSChurch (AKA God's official twitter account) after he posted the Delbert Stapley letter.
                    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Sooner still G's up every day.

Comment

He considers himself LDS Royalty, so he must be related to Jimmy Osmond.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          He pays 5% of his increase as tithes to the church. Most American cannot make that claim.
                          Hell, I can't even make that claim! And he makes only 80K!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

He's such a fan of Mormon hero Karl Malone that he similarly talks about himself in a the 3rd person.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I'm guessing he possesses a lot more Christlike attributes than your average Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X