Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

The mandatory questions, things everyone wants to know about you:

How did you find CS? Referred by a friend.

How did you choose your moniker? Areas of research.

What do you do (other than read CS)? Academia, social media, and living the good online and offline life.

How many time zones have you lived in? At least 2. More than that depends on how long I have to live there for it to count.

What are your sports loyalties? "Go Aggies, go Aggies, hey, hey, hey!" In all seriousness, I've attended USU, U of U, and BYU, and so those are my sports loyalties in approximate order.

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be? Yes, but I can't even venture a guess.

Welcome, Geo. To whom do we owe the referral fee?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Welcome aboard, GeoArch.

Please don't be shy. Jump right in.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome.

Originally posted by GeoArch View Post
        The mandatory questions, things everyone wants to know about you:

How did you find CS? Referred by a friend.
        Who do we have to thank for your recruitment? Given events of the past few weeks I hope it wasn't your mission president.

How did you choose your moniker? Areas of research.
        Is that some geology/archaeology interdisciplinary combination?

What are your sports loyalties? "Go Aggies, go Aggies, hey, hey, hey!" In all seriousness, I've attended USU, U of U, and BYU, and so those are my sports loyalties in approximate order.
        Ouch bottom of the totem pole. However I'm guessing with that grouping none of your sports loyalties run incredibly hot?

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be? Yes, but I can't even venture a guess.
        Seems like Wuap hasn't been on the ball with these questions lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Welcome, Geo. To whom do we owe the referral fee?
          Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Who do we have to thank for your recruitment? Given events of the past few weeks I hope it wasn't your mission president.
          That would be SoonerCoug.

Is that some geology/archaeology interdisciplinary combination?
          Yes, geoarchaeology is its own subdiscipline, although I also have worked in both fields separately.

Ouch bottom of the totem pole. However I'm guessing with that grouping none of your sports loyalties run incredibly hot?
          That would be correct. I actually attended several games at USU and some at U of U, but even though I've been at BYU the longest I have never gone to a single game. >> << For professional sports, I do follow the Utah Jazz though. :P

Seems like Wuap hasn't been on the ball with these questions lately.
          How sad!

Comment

Welcome.

Do you handle the heat better, or the cold? I hate the cold, but my wife hates the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Do you handle the heat better, or the cold? I hate the cold, but my wife hates the heat.
              I hate the cold...

Comment

Welcome Geo!
                For your sake I hope you are at a top research university, publish in prestigious journals, and not participate in any press conferences about it!
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

I hate the cold...

Comment

It's about time we had a good GIS guy on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Although I have used GIS in my work, I don't think I can claim to be good lol. And that would be gal not guy. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        I am sure livecoug still has some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          I am sure livecoug still has some skills.
                          Last time I touched an ESRI product was 6 years ago.

Comment

And that would be gal not guy. ^_^
                            ROASTED.

not surprised YOhio is already dropping sexism bombs on our newest member.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              ROASTED.

not surprised YOhio is already dropping sexism bombs on our newest member.
                              in light of recent posts about your job, comic-con, lord of the rings, and Dr Who, im going to amend my initial post above. Are you sure you are female???
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X