stage 19: LET IT RAIN!! SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage 19: LET IT RAIN!! SPOILERS

Not time for much of a report today. But I don't think I recall the weather influence a stage as directly as today since the stage a decade or so ago when there were very high cross winds and the peloton was split and LA was the only top rider that made the front pack. At the time, there was a big controversy about whether they results should be nullified and LA made some sort of smart alec comment about people need to pay attention during the race. Today the weather caused the peloton to have to take it very easy in the last few miles. rather than give an advantage to the bunch, the wet roads made them slow down more than Narvadauskas (asp?) who was essentially time trialing of the front. WIthout the weather, the peloton would have caught the Garmin Sharp guy (NOT ONGNA TYPE THAT AGAIN!) before the end.

I am glad for the three kilometer rule. when it was first madeI didnt like it, but watching it in play the last few years I think it was a good thing.

on to the ITT.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

What is the three kilometer rule?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      What is the three kilometer rule?
      If you crash or are held up by a crash within the last 3k of a stage, you are awarded the same finishing time as the group you were riding with at the time of the crash.

Comment

Working...
      X