What's wrong with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Yes, at this very moment I'm considering moving back for less pay because I can't handle living in a place where there aren't a lot of Mormons.
    LOL, so you being a boob who can't handle things attribute that trait to everyone else. Keep posting. I am getting an idea of what a so called Utah mormon is and realize it doesn't mean you live in Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      LOL, so you being a boob who can't handle things attribute that trait to everyone else. Keep posting. I am getting an idea of what a so called Utah mormon is and realize it doesn't mean you live in Utah.
      Don't take the bait, 71. The jerk store called and they're running out of MG.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

It's more a mentality than physical location. The type to where you move to another state, say Texas, and then go running back to Utah for less pay because you can't handle being away from your bubble.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Don't take the bait, 71. The jerk store called and they're running out of MG.
          I won't. I find it truly sad when people resort to making demeaning remarks or inuendo's about another persons relatives.

I have had a higher opinion of MG than that. I am just playing along to see how far down the IQ latter he can drop in my view.

Comment

I won't. I find it truly sad when people resort to making demeaning remarks or inuendo's about another persons relatives.

I have had a higher opinion of MG than that. I am just playing along to see how far down the IQ latter he can drop in my view.
            :cringe: I told you to stop giving him ammo!
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              :cringe: I told you to stop giving him ammo!

Comment

Your first mistake.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  Native Texans who fit stereotypes.

Insular Utah Mormons now living in Texas and surrounded by Southern Baptists. Some react by trying to "out Mormon" each another.
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Yes, I have to agree. Displaced Utah Mormons contribute considerably with what is wrong with Texas.
                  Texans who pretend that the problem with the church in Texas is Utah Mormons.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am just playing along to see how far down the IQ latter he can drop in my view.
                    Come to think of it, you should have a nice view from the bottom of the ladder.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Come to think of it, you should have a nice view from the bottom of the ladder.
                      Ouch.

See, '71, I'd never say anything that mean. I hope you have a lower opinion of JL than me.

Comment

I hate everyone that posts in this thread.....especially JL for starting it
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I hate everyone that posts in this thread.....especially JL for starting it

Hey I love Texas, but you people are out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Hey I love Texas, but you people are out of control.
                            If I were going for "out of control", I would opine on things of the burnt orange variety in a thread titled: "What's Wrong with Texas".
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Looks like not everything is bigger in Texas.

Also, it appears this could have been posted in DB's Ohio State thread. Or the Dayton thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X