No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, something definitely needs to be done about Meyerland. That place floods every year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Yes, something definitely needs to be done about Meyerland. That place floods every year now.

Didn't President Drumpf promise to drain the swamp?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Deadbeats.

Holy cow. Those are crazy numbers.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Deadbeats.

Holy cow. Those are crazy numbers.
          It's a default belt running from the Atlantic Ocean to the New Mexico-Arizona border.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Oh Texas...

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime-...u7lc6kMMPeWKL/

Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.
              When God tells you to do something... you best do it!

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hysteria over Jade Helm exercise in Texas was fueled by Russians, former CIA director says

Gov. Greg Abbott's decision in 2015 to ask the Texas State Guard to monitor a federal military exercise prompted significant criticism. A former CIA director said Wednesday that the move emboldened Russians to next target elections.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/05...s-former-cia-/

Comment

• What the hell is wrong with the democrats around here?

Voter turnout in a Texas Democratic gubernatorial runoff hasn’t been this low in nearly 100 years
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My governor is pretty dumb.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I enjoyed Ted Cruz's observation that out-of-state liberals are trying to make Texas like California:"They want us to be just like California, right down to tofu and silicon and dyed hair." I suspect he meant silicone, not silicon, but from what I've seen, Texas has as well-endowed with silicone and dye jobs as is our fair Golden State. But yeah, sorry about the tofu.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Ted Cruz:"They want us to be just like California, right down to tofu and silicon and dyed hair.”
                        Says the man who hasn’t set foot in the State in two years, has never been to Kalifornia, whose wife won’t speak to him, whose colleagues won’t vouch for him, and who is apparently stuck in a 90s understanding of the progressive movement.

Comment

• That's dumb

Texas Refuses to Use Voting Machines With a Paper Trail

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...-trail-states/

Comment

• No criminal investigation for Texas police who led a black man by a rope through streets

Two white police officers in Galveston, Texas, won't face a criminal investigation after leading a black man down a city street with a rope tied to their horses, officials said.

On Aug. 3, Galveston police officers identified as P. Brosch and A. Smith, were riding horseback while leading Donald Neely, 43, down the street handcuffed and bound with rope after arresting him on criminal trespass charges. Images and video of the arrest and went viral, sparking outrage from the community.
                            https://abcnews.go.com/US/criminal-i...ry?id=65034147

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              No criminal investigation for Texas police who led a black man by a rope through streets

https://abcnews.go.com/US/criminal-i...ry?id=65034147
                              Well I'm glad there were no criminal charges since they didn't break the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                Well I'm glad there were no criminal charges since they didn't break the law.
                                Those poor maligned officers.

Comment

Working...
                                X