What's wrong with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with Texas?

There is plenty wrong with Texas. We need this thread to balance out that other one. Post away.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I hear it can get hot and humid in the summer.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Texans.
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

There are no mountains. And I don't count those foothills in Big Bend National Park that are about twice as far away from Dallas as the Ozarks.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Everything outside of Austin.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I will ask my niece when she arrives in a couple of months. She is an excellent kid who easily adapts. However, after 2 years in Texas they are moving back to Utah and her husband will be taking a pay cut, but they still want to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I will ask my niece when she arrives in a couple of months. She is an excellent kid who easily adapts. However, after 2 years in Texas they are moving back to Utah and her husband will be taking a pay cut, but they still want to come back.
              Utah Mormons.

Comment

The newsworthiness of what's wrong with Texas, or right with California, falls in the category of "dog bites man."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Utah Mormons.
                  I hear the term all the time. Is it a derogatory term?

I think there are people everywhere who choose to make sacrifices to live somewhere. Heck I would imagine there are even people like that who will live in or move to California.

According to the American Legislative Exchange Council, Utah is again ranked #1 for economic outlook. I guess utah has been number 1 since 2008. Yea, I will put up with Utah mormons to live here. Can't think of anywhere I would rather live.

I await your definition to find out if according to you I am a Utah mormon?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    Texans.
                    Native Texans who fit stereotypes.
                    Utah Mormons.
                    Insular Utah Mormons now living in Texas and surrounded by Southern Baptists. Some react by trying to "out Mormon" each another.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

I hear the term all the time. Is it a derogatory term?

I think there are people everywhere who choose to make sacrifices to live somewhere. Heck I would imagine there are even people like that who will live in or move to California.

According to the American Legislative Exchange Council, Utah is again ranked #1 for economic outlook. I guess utah has been number 1 since 2008. Yea, I will put up with Utah mormons to live here. Can't think of anywhere I would rather live.

I await your definition to find out if according to you I am a Utah mormon?
                        Guess they're taking a pay cut for economic opportunities.

Comment

Guess they're taking a pay cut for economic opportunities.
                          I don't blame you, but you replied without reading my post. I will put it another way. Even non-mormons will make sacrifices, like pay cut to live where they want. Maybe one feels the chance for business opportunities are better down the line. You don't get stuck in a 9-5 go nowhere job even though it currently pays more.

My son took a paycut to move a while ago. Now he is making more money and still has promotion opportunities.

You have a very narrow perspective of things. Sounds like you might be the perfect utah mormon.

Comment

I don't blame you, but you replied without reading my post. I will put it another way. Even non-mormons will make sacrifices, like pay cut to live where they want. Maybe one feels the chance for business opportunities are better down the line. You don't get stuck in a 9-5 go nowhere job even though it currently pays more.

My son took a paycut to move a while ago. Now he is making more money and still has promotion opportunities.

You have a very narrow perspective of things. Sounds like you might be the perfect utah mormon.
                            Yes, at this very moment I'm considering moving back for less pay because I can't handle living in a place where there aren't a lot of Mormons.

Comment

Utah Mormons.
                              Yes, I have to agree. Displaced Utah Mormons contribute considerably with what is wrong with Texas.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X