Clear All

• 2014 NBA Draft

Chad Ford's Mock Draft 4.0:

1. Wiggins
    2. Parker
    3. Exum
    4. Embiid
    Odds of winning lottery: 10.4 percent
    Analysis: Jazz fans want Parker in the worst way, but their team likely will have to win one of the top two spots in the lottery to get their hands on him. With the players left on the board, the Jazz face a quandry. They can go with the guy with the most upside (Embiid), or they can go with a player who can help them right away (Julius Randle). Assuming Embiid is healthy, I think he's the pick here. Pairing him on the floor every night with Derrick Favors would give the Jazz an unbelievable defensive front line. Landing him also might free up the team to explore Enes Kanter trades over the summer. While the Jazz love Kanter, if they have to pay big dollars to Gordon Hayward this summer in free agency, they might not be able to afford to pay him what he wants next summer.
    5. Gordon
    6. Randle
    7. Smart
    8. Vonleh
    9. McDermott
    10. Harris
    11. Ennis
    12. Saric
    13. Stauskas

He always says that about Parker. Which Jazz fans is he referring to? Granted my interaction is limited to dorks on message boards, but I've never seen any type of overwhelming consensus toward Jabari.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      He always says that about Parker. Which Jazz fans is he referring to? Granted my interaction is limited to dorks on message boards, but I've never seen any type of overwhelming consensus toward Jabari.
      Agreed. The dorks on message boards seem to be overwhelmingly in favor of Wiggins.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Also, I love the thought process that Randle can help a team right away, but for some reason despite being just as young as Gordon, Wiggins, Parker, etc, he doesn't have as much upside. Especially considering his two biggest weaknesses at this point are his lack of a right hand and lack of an outside shot - two things that can most definitely be fixed.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Embiid at 4 is baffling as well. If he's healthy, no effing way should he drop to 4, while if he's not healthy, no way in hell should anybody use a pick that high on him.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

I'm disappointed that Ford also keeps parroting the line that Parker is an important get for the Jazz because he's more likely to want to stay in Utah than other guys.

Comment

Just notice he has Gordon at 5 now, and ahead of Randle. that's surprising. And McDermott into the top 10.

Comment

Hey Jazz, how about deciding who you'll draft based on basketball criteria, not his religion. :shakinghead:
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Hey Jazz, how about deciding who you'll draft based on basketball criteria, not his religion.
                  lol!
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Hey Jazz, how about deciding who you'll draft based on basketball criteria, not his religion. :shakinghead:
                    I know that when they drafted James Fredette that they made their decision based on religion.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Also, I love the thought process that Randle can help a team right away, but for some reason despite being just as young as Gordon, Wiggins, Parker, etc, he doesn't have as much upside. Especially considering his two biggest weaknesses at this point are his lack of a right hand and lack of an outside shot - two things that can most definitely be fixed.
                      I thought his biggest weakness was his lack of length - something that cannot be fixed.

Comment

CJ Wilcox goes in Ford's 1st round.

Analysis: The Thunder could always use more shooting, and Wilcox is another lights-out shooter. He has the size and athleticism to play the 2, but his age causes him to fall. I think this would be a nice late pickup for the Thunder.

Comment

Not even MarkGrace is supporting this effort.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                            I thought his biggest weakness was his lack of length - something that cannot be fixed.
                            Do we know that yet? If you do, I'm curious, what are his measurements?
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              Do we know that yet? If you do, I'm curious, what are his measurements?
                              Looked at this last night and he had 6'11" wingspan but I can't remember the standing reach. He measured 6'9" in shoes, so the 2" differential certainly doesn't make him long in terms of span. I think the measurement was from the Nike Hoop Summit. Saw this on Draft Express and would just grab the info for you but can't get to it right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X