Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimbo MF McMahon.....Deserves his own thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Kudos to BYU for taking a step to remedy their shameful treatment of Jimbo MF McMahon.
    i don't think they changed their policy. he finished up his degree, right?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      i don't think they changed their policy. he finished up his degree, right?
      Yep. All the kudos are to be retained by Jimmy Mac.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Yep. All the kudos are to be retained by Jimmy Mac.
        I'll happily withdraw all kudos provided to BYU. I'm happy that BYU is not reversing their shameful treatment of Jim McMahon.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I was on my mission. I didn't see it. I read about it weeks later when my grandpa sent me paper clippings. Lowest point of my mission by far.
          I watched it at the old step-down lounge in the Wilkinson Center. No local channels had picked up the game, so BYU had set up a projection screen for students to come watch. That was a lot of fun.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            I'll happily withdraw all kudos provided to BYU. I'm happy that BYU is not reversing their shameful treatment of Jim McMahon.
            I'm pretty sure Holmoe reached out and encouraged / facilitated this to get things right, but obviously McMahon did the work.

Comment

I hope the rumor I read about Jake Heaps returning for his senior year to BYU is true for one reason. On Thursday evening nine-eleven in Lavell Edwards Stadium I have this vision of Jake being invited out of the locker room for the halftime retiring of #9. Then as it announced Daniel Sorenson leaps from the stands and takes after Jake like a hockey fight and tears Jakes jersey, #9, off of him and gives it to Jimbo and the number is to never be worn again so that the greatest BYU athlete's number will never be soiled again. I know such an event will make Hsaru's baby maker hurt, but it might help the rest of us. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Rumor about Heaps returning to BYU? What the? If he goes anywhere, it should be FCS.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Rumor about Heaps returning to BYU? What the? If he goes anywhere, it should be FCS.
                  Jayhawk beat writer had a couple tweets about Heaps going back to Provo because of his wife (and losing the starting job this spring).
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                    Jayhawk beat writer had a couple tweets about Heaps going back to Provo because of his wife (and losing the starting job this spring).
                    Brethren: Jake Heaps references should be limited to recognizing that BYU should never allow anyone the chance to sully #9 uhhhh-gin (said like Forest Gump). I am sure there is a Hsaru baby maker hurting thread somewhere out there to take the Jake Heaps news. Jake is a fine young man, but Jimbo is the finest! Every post should bring glory, laud and honor upon he who gave us BYU football.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

im already sick of hearing about Jake Heaps.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Aaaahem! But you will never be sick of hearing about Jimbo MF'ing McMahon!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                            I watched it from the stadium and, yes, I stayed to the bitter end and saw the final play live.

I was one year old but I'm sure I watches the game as my parents were diehards.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Watch Jimmy Mac's expression at 1:46:

Deserves its own gif and meme.

Comment

I became a BYU fan on the night of the 1980 Holiday Bowl. No, I didn't watch a game...I was seven and had come home from a kids Christmas party at a friends house. I walked into the house and saw my parents FREAKING OUT, giddy as school children. When they related the miracle comeback I thought "there must be something to this BYU shit to make my parents happier than I've ever seen them" and determined right then and there that I was a Cougar fan for life. I do remember watching the 1981 Holiday Bowl, and if I remember correctly, Jimbo MF McMahon engineered somewhat of a comeback that night as well.

Also, legend has it Jimmy Mac invented the whole "scoreboard" thing during a game against the Utes. The drunken hordes were watching their team suffer a major beat down and were heckling Jimmy. He simply pointed at the scoreboard and they slunk back into their holes ashamed.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...rd.html?pg=all
                                Last edited by venkman; 04-18-2014, 09:05 PM.
                                "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Working...
                                X