Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimbo MF McMahon.....Deserves his own thread!

Default Jimbo MF McMahon.....Deserves his own thread!

I struggle with words to describe my excitement that Jimbo MF McMahon is going to have his number retired and get into the BYU HOF. In my opinion Jim McMahon is BYU football. There is no BYU football, at least not one worth noting and following passionately, without Jimbo MF McMahon. Lavell was God's noble son and he established the atmosphere that allowed Jimbo MF McMahon to come to BYU and put it on the map. There is no Tyler Detmer without Jimbo MF McMahon. I am not sure there is a Cougarstadium.com. In annals of history Jimbo MF McMahon has done more the cause of BYU sports than save Jesus Christ himself....or something like that. My nipples are very hard and I am moist with excitement to welcome back my favorite athlete of all time for an honor that motherfucking way late and way past due. He is my # 9!

In his honor I post my favorite, of the many JimmyMac stories: It was late in the game against SMU. BYU's offense has sucked hind titty and the Pony Express had run circles around BYU's defense (I always knew Kyle Whittingham was a pussy anyways). BYU was facing a 4th and 9 from deep in their own territory. Lavell, our annointed great one, lost faith and conceded bowl defeat, something the program was familiar with and would experience frequently going forward. But no, our beloved #9 would not give up and he would not leave the field. This forced the punt team to call time out. Jimbo runs over to Lavell and looks him in the eye and says: "Are you going to quit? If we punt this ball I will not play another fucking play at BYU!" To which Lavell replies: "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it!" We went for it on 4th down and now we have Cougarstadium.com. All hail the greatest BYU athlete of all time. All hail # 9!

God rest his father's soul and give Senior a seat at the head of the table as I have no doubt God will be watching His favorite player from His favorite team with His arm around Senior's shoulders!

Rise and MF'n Shout!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Is there a slow clap smilie? :slowclap::slowclap::slowclap:
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I want you to know that I said every "MF" aloud in my head. Not the abbreviation but the entire phrase. Just seemed to fit better.
    *Banned*

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I struggle with words to describe my excitement that Jimbo MF McMahon is going to have his number retired and get into the BYU HOF. In my opinion Jim McMahon is BYU football. There is no BYU football, at least not one worth noting and following passionately, without Jimbo MF McMahon. Lavell was God's noble son and he established the atmosphere that allowed Jimbo MF McMahon to come to BYU and put it on the map. There is no Tyler Detmer without Jimbo MF McMahon. I am not sure there is a Cougarstadium.com. In annals of history Jimbo MF McMahon has done more the cause of BYU sports than save Jesus Christ himself....or something like that. My nipples are very hard and I am moist with excitement to welcome back my favorite athlete of all time for an honor that motherfucking way late and way past due. He is my # 9!

In his honor I post my favorite, of the many JimmyMac stories: It was late in the game against SMU. BYU's offense has sucked hind titty and the Pony Express had run circles around BYU's defense (I always knew Kyle Whittingham was a pussy anyways). BYU was facing a 4th and 9 from deep in their own territory. Lavell, our annointed great one, lost faith and conceded bowl defeat, something the program was familiar with and would experience frequently going forward. But no, our beloved #9 would not give up and he would not leave the field. This forced the punt team to call time out. Jimbo runs over to Lavell and looks him in the eye and says: "Are you going to quit? If we punt this ball I will not play another fucking play at BYU!" To which Lavell replies: "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it!" We went for it on 4th down and now we have Cougarstadium.com. All hail the greatest BYU athlete of all time. All hail # 9!

God rest his father's soul and give Senior a seat at the head of the table as I have no doubt God will be watching His favorite player from His favorite team with His arm around Senior's shoulders!

Rise and MF'n Shout!

Can I get a A..MF.. Men...

Where's the line to be baptized in the JimmyMac Church..

I was a Jimmy Mac fan before I was even a BYU fan, which is weird since my old man played football @ the Y. I was in grade school, but annointed the Bears as my team and Jim McMahon was my leader.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I'd like to bear my testimony that I know that everything Goatnapper said is true.
    Not that, sickos.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

I watched the BYU-SMU Miracle Bowl in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska at a pizza parlor with HS friends. I loudly predicted a BYU victory and endured the kidding of my friends and the scorn of the next table over from Nebraska Freshman and redshirt football players who didn't make the trip to Nebraska's bowl game with the rest of the team. I did not lose faith when it looked hopeless and corrected the derision from the next table over: "That McMahon is a Mormon pussy" with "He's not Mormon, he's Catholic and he's no pussy". As BYU mounted their comback, soon the whole place was cheering on BYU and erupted when the refs signaled the go-ahead TD. Immediately after the game, several guys at the bar lifted their glasses of beer to "Jim McMahon and the Mormons." So Jim MF McMahon not only inspired BYU fans in Provo, he inspired a crowd of Husker faithful in Lincoln.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    I watched the BYU-SMU Miracle Bowl in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska at a pizza parlor with HS friends. I loudly predicted a BYU victory and endured the kidding of my friends and the scorn of the next table over from Nebraska Freshman and redshirt football players who didn't make the trip to Nebraska's bowl game with the rest of the team. I did not lose faith when it looked hopeless and corrected the derision from the next table over: "That McMahon is a Mormon pussy" with "He's not Mormon, he's Catholic and he's no pussy". As BYU mounted their comback, soon the whole place was cheering on BYU and erupted when the refs signaled the go-ahead TD. Immediately after the game, several guys at the bar lifted their glasses of beer to "Jim McMahon and the Mormons." So Jim MF McMahon not only inspired BYU fans in Provo, he inspired a crowd of Husker faithful in Lincoln.
    I watched it from the stadium and, yes, I stayed to the bitter end and saw the final play live.

I will never forget the moment that I heard that BYU/Jimbo had won the Miracle Bowl. We were traveling down the road in our car and shouted for joy. Then we pulled over to the side of the road and wept.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I will never forget the moment that I heard that BYU/Jimbo had won the Miracle Bowl. We were traveling down the road in our car and shouted for joy. Then we pulled over to the side of the road and wept.
    I was on my mission. I didn't see it. I read about it weeks later when my grandpa sent me paper clippings. Lowest point of my mission by far.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Kudos to BYU for taking a step to remedy their shameful treatment of Jimbo MF McMahon.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Kudos to BYU for taking a step to remedy their shameful treatment of Jimbo MF McMahon.
    i don't think they changed their policy. he finished up his degree, right?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    i don't think they changed their policy. he finished up his degree, right?
    Yep. All the kudos are to be retained by Jimmy Mac.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Yep. All the kudos are to be retained by Jimmy Mac.
    I'll happily withdraw all kudos provided to BYU. I'm happy that BYU is not reversing their shameful treatment of Jim McMahon.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I was on my mission. I didn't see it. I read about it weeks later when my grandpa sent me paper clippings. Lowest point of my mission by far.
    I watched it at the old step-down lounge in the Wilkinson Center. No local channels had picked up the game, so BYU had set up a projection screen for students to come watch. That was a lot of fun.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'll happily withdraw all kudos provided to BYU. I'm happy that BYU is not reversing their shameful treatment of Jim McMahon.
    I'm pretty sure Holmoe reached out and encouraged / facilitated this to get things right, but obviously McMahon did the work.

I hope the rumor I read about Jake Heaps returning for his senior year to BYU is true for one reason. On Thursday evening nine-eleven in Lavell Edwards Stadium I have this vision of Jake being invited out of the locker room for the halftime retiring of #9. Then as it announced Daniel Sorenson leaps from the stands and takes after Jake like a hockey fight and tears Jakes jersey, #9, off of him and gives it to Jimbo and the number is to never be worn again so that the greatest BYU athlete's number will never be soiled again. I know such an event will make Hsaru's baby maker hurt, but it might help the rest of us. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Rumor about Heaps returning to BYU? What the? If he goes anywhere, it should be FCS.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Rumor about Heaps returning to BYU? What the? If he goes anywhere, it should be FCS.
    Jayhawk beat writer had a couple tweets about Heaps going back to Provo because of his wife (and losing the starting job this spring).
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    Jayhawk beat writer had a couple tweets about Heaps going back to Provo because of his wife (and losing the starting job this spring).
    Brethren: Jake Heaps references should be limited to recognizing that BYU should never allow anyone the chance to sully #9 uhhhh-gin (said like Forest Gump). I am sure there is a Hsaru baby maker hurting thread somewhere out there to take the Jake Heaps news. Jake is a fine young man, but Jimbo is the finest! Every post should bring glory, laud and honor upon he who gave us BYU football.

-DOCTOR Wuap

im already sick of hearing about Jake Heaps.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Aaaahem! But you will never be sick of hearing about Jimbo MF'ing McMahon!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I watched it from the stadium and, yes, I stayed to the bitter end and saw the final play live.

I was one year old but I'm sure I watches the game as my parents were diehards.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Watch Jimmy Mac's expression at 1:46:

Deserves its own gif and meme.

I became a BYU fan on the night of the 1980 Holiday Bowl. No, I didn't watch a game...I was seven and had come home from a kids Christmas party at a friends house. I walked into the house and saw my parents FREAKING OUT, giddy as school children. When they related the miracle comeback I thought "there must be something to this BYU shit to make my parents happier than I've ever seen them" and determined right then and there that I was a Cougar fan for life. I do remember watching the 1981 Holiday Bowl, and if I remember correctly, Jimbo MF McMahon engineered somewhat of a comeback that night as well.

Also, legend has it Jimmy Mac invented the whole "scoreboard" thing during a game against the Utes. The drunken hordes were watching their team suffer a major beat down and were heckling Jimmy. He simply pointed at the scoreboard and they slunk back into their holes ashamed.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...rd.html?pg=all
    Last edited by venkman; 04-18-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    "Remember to double tap"