X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

I thought Carnegie Deli closed?

... Googling ....

Yes, indeed it did close in 2016. There is a "branch" inside Madison Square Garden but that's not really the same thing. I believe Katz is the last of the big famous New York delis. There are some other delis that have been around since the 60s and 70s but Katz has been operating for over 100 years. Carnegie Deli operated for almost 80 years before it closed.
    Well I guess that makes the decision for me. I'll be out there in August most likely.

Comment

• I ordered the dinner for 4 for the end of next week. So now I guess I have to go post in the dinner thread.

Comment

• second ave deli slander on this chat blog is antisemitism at work
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          This is more just wishful thinking. I'm tempted to place an order to have something shipped out to me.

https://katzsdelicatessen.com/
          Make a trip to Feldman’s deli in SLC. Not exactly the same, but it’s a very good Jewish deli.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Make a trip to Feldman’s deli in SLC. Not exactly the same, but it’s a very good Jewish deli.
            I'll give it a try next time I'm up there.

Comment

• Bowser and the Fonz must have made some new plans.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

it's no real deli, but a corned beef rachel (sub coleslaw for sauerkraut) is not a bad lunch
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                X