Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What's for lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Sorry FM Flystripper! Didn’t know you’d only eat certain things in certain places.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Yes I do. I also don't eat sushi in Omaha.
    That's where one of the best sushi chefs of all time is from!

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

well played
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Yes I do. I also don't eat sushi in Omaha.
    DWs6wzvVMAAKHol.jpg

Yum.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Yum.
    Oh man, I'm sorry.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yum.
    guess we preemptively know who is blowing up the bathroom at pelados office
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Delicious.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Man, we need an intervention in Boise, ASAP.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Delicious.
    between the last post and this your office has to smell like john candys jock strap
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    between the last post and this your office has to smell like john candys jock strap
    SUrprised, but not really, that you would know.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    Pretty much. His jock strap is pretty odor-free. Doesn't seem like it got much use. It's on display in the lobby.
    - Goatnapper'96

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Man, Texas has the best Tex-Mex. Lucky.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Funny thing is that it’s been so long since I’ve had cafe rio that I actually enjoyed it. Now I’m having kalua pork for second lunch.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Recommendations for lunch near LGB or Los Alamitos?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    What are you in the mood for? If you're ok with greasy spoon, Paul's Place right off Los Alamitos Blvd has a lot of good options. If you can drive a little bit, take Los Al Blvd up to PCH, turn left, and drive PCH over to HB until you're at the pier at pick yourself up some Sancho's Tacos. Have yourself an OG or two and a Federale and thank me later.

HB knows all the good spots.

That Sanchos Tacos looks good. I'll have to try it out if things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    What are you in the mood for? If you're ok with greasy spoon, Paul's Place right off Los Alamitos Blvd has a lot of good options. If you can drive a little bit, take Los Al Blvd up to PCH, turn left, and drive PCH over to HB until you're at the pier at pick yourself up some Sancho's Tacos. Have yourself an OG or two and a Federale and thank me later.
    I had lunch at Paul's Place on Saturday.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Near Los Al base if you're close to there:

Wahoo Fish Taco
    Ameci Pizza & Pasta (check the lunch specials - I like the chicken parm sandwich or the calzone)
    Fitbites - it's on Katella; they have a military discount; I had a bowl with quinoa, spinach, chicken, etc.; it's a healthier option
    India Grill - by Costco; they have an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet

Also, Chik-fil-a on Los Alamitos Blvd. sometimes gives a 50% military discount, but I don't know the particulars of when that is or isn't offered

Edit: California Fish Grill is also close - just past Katella on Valley View - and is a healthier but still tasty option. Also a military discount.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

I'll just say that these guys are a mess! They really weren't prepared for me to come down and check out this helicopter, so I'm behind the 8 ball to even make my flight back tonight. We just ate lunch at some place called Pot Lickers.