No announcement yet.

What's for lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most exotic lunch, that you enjoyed, that anybody here has eaten?

Where was it and how expensive was it?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      What is the most exotic lunch, that you enjoyed, that anybody here has eaten?

Where was it and how expensive was it?
      Each time I've been to Morocco we've shared at least our lunches together with the Moroccan Army. My favorite meal was the couscous. I've found something similar at Disney World Epcot in Restaurant Marrakesh for about $25/plate. I'm sure there are better places, but I've not really eaten at Moroccan restaurants over here.

When I was back East this summer, a good friend took me to a Korean restaurant up in Maryland. We had some sort of sampler that included a few authentic dishes. I think it was close to $50 for the two of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Each time I've been to Morocco we've shared at least our lunches together with the Moroccan Army. My favorite meal was the couscous. I've found something similar at Disney World Epcot in Restaurant Marrakesh for about $25/plate. I'm sure there are better places, but I've not really eaten at Moroccan restaurants over here.

When I was back East this summer, a good friend took me to a Korean restaurant up in Maryland. We had some sort of sampler that included a few authentic dishes. I think it was close to $50 for the two of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          Like I said, I've not tried Moroccan food elsewhere here stateside, so the only thing I can compare it to was the food in Morocco. But what I found at Epcot was very close. It's also prepared by Moroccans. When I was there I was by myself, so I my server spent a few minutes visiting with me. She told me that they their food was somewhat Americanized because they can't always get all the authentic ingredients locally. I think there's a place up in SLC that I need to go try.

Comment

Like I said, I've not tried Moroccan food elsewhere here stateside, so the only thing I can compare it to was the food in Morocco. But what I found at Epcot was very close. It's also prepared by Moroccans. When I was there I was by myself, so I my server spent a few minutes visiting with me. She told me that they their food was somewhat Americanized because they can't always get all the authentic ingredients locally. I think there's a place up in SLC that I need to go try.
            I like Moroccan, so that's a great choice as is Korean. I've yet to eat in Morocco but from everything I've heard it's supposed to be fantastic. I've been disappointed with Turkish food because I've wanted to like it. I really like Persian food, at least the way it's served in Vegas.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Indian place on State Street in Orem called Kohinoor? I'm in the mood for something new I haven't tried.
              Possibly too late for you, but I went there for lunch a year or so ago. I wasn't impressed at all. My favorite Indian restaurant in the area is the India Palace in Provo on Center street.

My wife and I went to a 'house blessing' in West Jordan for a co-worker from India a couple of years ago. They had Indian food catered in, but we thought it was pretty bland, so I guess it all depends on what you're used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                Possibly too late for you, but I went there for lunch a year or so ago. I wasn't impressed at all. My favorite Indian restaurant in the area is the India Palace in Provo on Center street.

My wife and I went to a 'house blessing' in West Jordan for a co-worker from India a couple of years ago. They had Indian food catered in, but we thought it was pretty bland, so I guess it all depends on what you're used to.
                We tried it. It wasn't bad, but I've had better. I'll have to try the India Palace next.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Spam Katsu with curry rice from a little ramen shop in Kona. Not bad, and better than the Panda Express everyone else in my group had.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    Spam Katsu with curry rice from a little ramen shop in Kona. Not bad, and better than the Panda Express everyone else in my group had.
                    What is wrong with your group?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Two plain slices (well done!) from Joe's Pizza. I had no idea until last week that they opened a Times Square location about 4 blocks from my office. My midtown west pizza situation just improved immensely.

Comment

• Arugula salad with purple carrots and monkey meat. Yum...
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Eggrolls.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Rick Bayless Frontera Chicken Fajita Bowl. Not bad for a $3 dollar frozen lunch. (on sale 2 for $6 bucks and only 260 calories!) I am on a food and financial diet. My lunches are usually 15-30 dollars and 700-1500 calories!
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Arugula salad with purple carrots and monkey meat. Yum...
                              so you and creekster kissed and made up, then?
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                Rick Bayless Frontera Chicken Fajita Bowl. Not bad for a $3 dollar frozen lunch. (on sale 2 for $6 bucks and only 260 calories!) I am on a food and financial diet. My lunches are usually 15-30 dollars and 700-1500 calories!
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X