Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottie View Post
    And maybe not being in shape? Pic from the KSL article:

Do QBs not bother with using the laces for spiral anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      Also here:

I find their misshapen cyclops-eyes with double pupils disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
        The guy in that photo likely isn't the best example to use for what most QBs bother with doing when throwing a football.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Personal preference. There are more than a few successful QBs who prefer to avoid the laces.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I find their misshapen cyclops-eyes with double pupils disturbing.
            A little weird, but not as bad as this:

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              A little weird, but not as bad as this:

That is not how I look in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Personal preference. There are more than a few successful QBs who prefer to avoid the laces.
                Interesting, thanks for answering.

Comment

I heard this story on the way into work today (my brother had an offer to play here):

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-former-coach

Weird situation.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

That is not how I look in real life.
                    I've never met you so I have no idea whether you're telling the truth or not.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Also maybe for be afraid of contact. That tends to be a problem in tackle football.
                      Dude took an enormous amount of hits last year so I'm not sure that's accurate. Having watched him now for several years, I think his biggest undoing is his athleticism. Not that you have to be crazy athletic to be a QB (Elway, Manning, Brady, etc.), but his athleticism is just really lacking for D1. If you're as immobile as he is, you have to just be a mental assassin to get it done and that's not easy.

I've followed him through the Kansas thing and the fact that he can't move at all has really hurt him. Their o-line was brutal last year (not to mention their receivers) and they had no recourse but to play the kid who could run around a bit. He came into spring as the presumptive starter and was basically the only QB taking big reps until about 7-10 days ago. Then he and Cozart were apparently neck and neck, with Jobba the Weis publicly floating the idea of a 2 QB system. lol. I've read some chatter from fans, and they feel Cozart and Heaps are pretty even, but many were in favor of Cozart because he's younger and will be in the program longer (and also because of his mobility). ha. So many parallels.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Dude took an enormous amount of hits last year so I'm not sure that's accurate. Having watched him now for several years, I think his biggest undoing is his athleticism. Not that you have to be crazy athletic to be a QB (Elway, Manning, Brady, etc.), but his athleticism is just really lacking for D1. If you're as immobile as he is, you have to just be a mental assassin to get it done and that's not easy.
                        Pretty silly of you to lump Elway in with those two when discussing athleticism/mobility. I still love you, man, and I otherwise agree with your point.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          I've never met you so I have no idea whether you're telling the truth or not.
                          You are not really missing out on anything. I would be happy to buy you a churro at costco some time if you really want to verify my looks, though.

Comment

You are not really missing out on anything. I would be happy to buy you a churro at costco some time if you really want to verify my looks, though.
                            go get a close-out churro at that other place. way cheaper.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Pretty silly of you to lump Elway in with those two when discussing athleticism/mobility. I still love you, man, and I otherwise agree with your point.
                              I guess my memories of him are a lot like many have of Malone. They only remember seeing him on the big stage when he was advanced in age and not nearly the athlete he was when he was younger. When I think of Elway running I picture the helicopter play where it took him about 30 seconds to run five yards.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                I guess my memories of him are a lot like many have of Malone. They only remember seeing him on the big stage when he was advanced in age and not nearly the athlete he was when he was younger. When I think of Elway running I picture the helicopter play where it took him about 30 seconds to run five yards.
                                Last time I saw him run, he was pretty fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X