Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 College Football Season

Might as well get this started too...

Jake Heaps benched in favor of a Sophomore. I feel bad for the kid. His fall has been astronomical.

You know he was dead certain he would be an NFL player within 4 years while sitting there at Iggy's.

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Might as well get this started too...

Jake Heaps benched in favor of a Sophomore. I feel bad for the kid. His fall has been astronomical.

You know he was dead certain he would be an NFL player within 4 years while sitting there at Iggy's.
    I don't feel bad for him. He's been given a free education in exchange for playing football at a very high level.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

I don't feel too poorly for Brother Jake. He had more than enough chances to be serviceable. At some point, he bears the blame (or at least a big share of it). These BYU-era stories of not wanting to watch film and not working hard enough now seem to have more credence. If you can't start at Kansas, you suck.

I wonder what his wife thinks. She probably thought she was digging some serious gold when she married him at BYU.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I don't feel too poorly for Brother Jake. He had more than enough chances to be serviceable. At some point, he bears the blame (or at least a big share of it). These BYU-era stories of not wanting to watch film and not working hard enough now seem to have more credence. If you can't start at Kansas, you suck.

I wonder what his wife thinks. She probably thought she was digging some serious gold when she married him at BYU.
        And maybe not being in shape? Pic from the KSL article:

Comment

He kind of has Relief Society arms.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
            And maybe not being in shape? Pic from the KSL article:
            Also maybe for not getting his fingers on the laces??

sigpic

Comment

Also maybe for be afraid of contact. That tends to be a problem in tackle football.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Fuck Jake Heaps. SJBH
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  Fuck Jake Heaps. SJBH
                  Meh, he's good kid. Just not very good at playing tackle football.

He got opportunities and accolades he probably never deserved because he was on a dominant HS team and has a strong arm.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

i see blueintheface feels very strongly about Jake Heaps.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Meh, he's good kid. Just not very good at playing tackle football.

He got opportunities and accolades he probably never deserved because he was on a dominant HS team and has a strong arm.
                      And I don't lament the gurus who got it wrong but that kid divided a locker room and wasted very good offensive talent with his inability to perform in the face of modest pressure. He is further proof that self-promotion can envelope and setback an entire program. It also was the perfect shitstorm that his backup was a talentelss Helaman charicature but the kid has none of my sympathy and isn't a Cougar so once again: fuck him.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

And I don't lament the gurus who got it wrong but that kid divided a locker room and wasted very good offensive talent with his inability to perform in the face of modest pressure. He is further proof that self-promotion can envelope and setback an entire program. It also was the perfect shitstorm that his backup was a talentelss Helaman charicature but the kid has none of my sympathy and isn't a Cougar so once again: fuck him.
                        What is a Helaman caricature?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Here he is in the Living Scriptures video

sigpic

Comment

But those abs!
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Also here:

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                              X