What do you ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effing cyclists.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Carmen?
      As good as any, I guess.

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Effing cyclists.
      Just preparing for my trip to Seattle.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4048[/ATTACH]

http://kelsonbikes.com/
        Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
        RC, what do you like about your Kelson ?

I bought a used Trek 1200 six years ago and it is fine for what I'm doing but I do have my eye out for something in the future. What do the more expensive bikes have that the entry level bike don't ?
        Yes, RC, what he said.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Effing cyclists.
          Don't be so hard on yourself, MG.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Picked up a Trek Pure cruiser. Much lighter, smoother, and more comfortable than my Costco special from a decade ago.
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

MJ bought a bike yesterday. She wanted to go real cheap so I decided to take her to a place where you can't go too cheap. This is what we picked up. It has Sora components, of which I'm not a fan, but she really doesn't care as she'll use if mostly for riding with friends once in a while as well as a triathlon or two every year.

bike.jpg
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                MJ bought a bike yesterday. She wanted to go real cheap so I decided to take her to a place where you can't go too cheap. This is what we picked up. It has Sora components, of which I'm not a fan, but she really doesn't care as she'll use if mostly for riding with friends once in a while as well as a triathlon or two every year.
                Nice. If you don't mind sharing, what were you out of pocket with that? That looks like it would be about my wife's level of interest.
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Yes, RC, what he said.
                  Your nicer bikes come with better components. You just don't have to adjust or monkey with them as often. The nicer bikes will be lighter and be made from graphite or titanium. An aluminum bike is light but has a very rough ride, go over a bump and it will about buck you off. If you want to upgrade your bike the first place to start is with our wheels set, a nice light aerodynamic wheel set will instantly add a mile or two to your speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    Nice. If you don't mind sharing, what were you out of pocket with that? That looks like it would be about my wife's level of interest.
                    I think it was just shy of $1k. Somewhere around $930. We already had pedals, shoes, helmet and everything else so we just had to buy the bike. She's taking it out tomorrow for the first ride so we'll see how it all goes.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Any ride a Trek? The local bike shop (the one I frequent since the service is awesome) is having a crazy Labor Day sale and the Trek Madone is $500 off what it was last week. I'm very tempted to jump on it since I have been looking in the $3k price range (carbon, ultegra, etc.) but to get this bike for $2,500 seems like a steal. I'd have to go test it out and see if I like the ride but was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Trek.

Comment

I haven't tried a Trek for at least 5 years or so. At the time, I felt that the Trek bikes I rode had a muted feel, if that makes sense. Maybe a bit more compliant and sluggish than other bikes. It's been long enough that current bikes would probably have no relation, but it might be something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Any ride a Trek? The local bike shop (the one I frequent since the service is awesome) is having a crazy Labor Day sale and the Trek Madone is $500 off what it was last week. I'm very tempted to jump on it since I have been looking in the $3k price range (carbon, ultegra, etc.) but to get this bike for $2,500 seems like a steal. I'd have to go test it out and see if I like the ride but was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Trek.
                          you can't get dura ace for $3k?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            Lol, not new carbon fiber that I know of.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              There's a glut of bikes right at the $3k range and most of them are very similar. Cervelo and some of the trendy european brands tend to run a bit more expensive. Most of these bikes are carbon fiber with either 105s or Ultegra components. If you want to get Dura Ace, you are going to spend another $1k to $2k to get there. I'm actually not interested in Dura Ace since Ultegras are probably a bit more than I really need. I'd be fine with 105s but I figure the price difference in a fully equipped bike isn't that much between one with 105s and one with Ultegras so I'll just bite the bullet and get the better/lighter components now.

After riding my BiL's bike (Giaint) a couple times I'm convinced I want a carbon bike. The feel and speed is just better than my aluminum entry level bike. I don't want to just buy anything though so I'll go test ride the Trek and see how it goes....but it's tough to pass up a bike that is $500 off what it was a week ago.

Comment

Moliere, I would be looking for two things: fit and stiffness. You've been on a Roubaix clone so far, so you are used to Specialized, and Trek may fit different (not a bad thing). If you are going carbon, prioritize frame over everything else, because you can upgrade the rest over time, but the carbon stays. In specialized, for example, I can feel a major difference between my 9r carbon and my wife's 10r carbon.

Also, everybody is having deals now. Clearing space for the 2015 models. Bike Barn has their super blowout this weekend, and I know where you can pick up a specialized venge for just over 3k. Ultegra, but it was a demo for a year. If you are size 52.

I am hoping to get a new bike next spring before MS150. I know what I want and have the go ahead from the mrs.
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X