What do you ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you ride?

I did a quick search and found that a lot of people have said what they ride, but it's scattered throughout a couple dozens threads. I figured it would be good to get them all together in one thread just to see the different bikes people ride. I'll start:

My ride: Specialized Secteur 2013 edition (baiscally looks like this)

I paid roughly $1,100 for the bike but all in with the pedals/shoes/bottle cages/etc. it came to around $1500. It's a decent entry level bike, which is what I wanted as I didn't want to throw down a lot of cash before I knew if I'd enjoy road cycling. The nice about the Secteur is it has a relaxed geometry, which basically means I sit more upright than most racing bikes, so I get less tired in the back/arms than your typical bike. The bad thing about the Secteur is it has a relaxed geometry, which means I'm more prone to wind resistance so i tend to be slower.

I've been looking to upgrade to a carbon frame bike and will likely offload the Secteur some time this summer (probably after my next tri). Chances are good that the next time I go bike shopping MJ will come with me so she can pick one out as well.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

The new Tarmacs are really nice, but if you want to keep the geometry go with a Roubaix. It's a nice bike, but not quite as aggressive as the tarmac.

I ride a 2011 Tarmac SL2 w/Sram Rival components. However, I've gotten the go - ahead for a new bike and have been doing some research. My LBS is super helpful. The new SL4 frames apparently kick the pants off of the old SL2 frames, and that just entry level. My wife has an SL4 with the new Ultegra 11 speed and it's pretty slick - we have the same frame size so I'm taking it out on a ride tonight. I may switch to Shimano, much as I like Sram.

The bike I have my eye on is the Madone 7.9. I'm approved to pull the trigger on it in a few months, too. But I'm considering the Specialized Venge (I live in the flatlands, remember!) or maybe even an S Works Tarmac. I get to do lots of test rides from now until then, which is fun.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

10 speed
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        10 speed

<high fives fusnik>
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

This is essentially what I ride: image.jpg

I say essentially, because mine is a steel frame with custom geometry and a carbon Wound-Up fork. Full Shimano Dura-Ace, Rolf Vector wheels and Speed Play pedals. She's fabulous but aging.
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Robert August. this model is actually called "What I ride." I have this exact model and color scheme. I havent ridden it in a long time

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Very similar to this:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Very similar to this:

Take it to the "what do you drive?" thread
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/photos/s...329171263.html

Comment

47874_1603979704899_870676_n.jpg

http://kelsonbikes.com/

Comment

RC, what do you like about your Kelson ?

I bought a used Trek 1200 six years ago and it is fine for what I'm doing but I do have my eye out for something in the future. What do the more expensive bikes have that the entry level bike don't ?

Comment

Bike.jpg

Schwinn Trailway. Got it from Walmart for $270 about 5 years ago. It's a hybrid I bought to ride with my scouts for a few activities. I didn't have to adjust anything, because it was assembled pretty well. It has some basic shimano gears that have always operated smoothly. I have to move the seat up pretty high to get the right fit, but it actually seems to fit my 73.5" frame pretty well.

I've thought about going after another nicer ride, but for now I'm blissfully ignorant as to what I'm missing. I'll probably start with getting some new pedals and shoes, and slowly work my way into something else.

Comment

Anybody ride Electra?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Anybody ride Electra?
                              Carmen?
                              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                              X