Race Results Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Results Thread

Here's your chance to flaunt race results. All results need to be either official races or GPS-verified distances if you choose not to race (sorry, I don't trust Nike+. I barely even trust official races.) They also need to be from this time forward--no previous PR's. To enter your result, cut and paste and insert your result at the appropriate distance and order of time. We'll start things off, as this is about the only time I ever see myself in 1st place.

Marathon

Half-marathon
    ERCougar 1:43:30 (Bryce Canyon)
    Salsa 1:53:38 (Bryce Canyon)

At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

this thread appears to need at least one reply, and I was looking for a place to share about my upcoming race, so here's my resurrection attempt. (Actually, ER paid me to do this for him)

I have a race this weekend, just my 2nd ever, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's called Racing Cane, which I love, and proceeds go to cane field workers/children in the Dominican Republic, including donated shoes.

I'm particularly excited because this will be an OhioBlue family affair, the first. I'll run the 6k, my wife the 3k, and my kids the 1k. This will be my wife's first race and she's having a hard time (understatement) transitioning from treadmill to outside, but she'll be fine. I took the kids for a run last weekend and they're good to go as well and looking forward to it. They are also excited about being chip timed and getting a t-shirt and finisher band just like the grown-ups.

Since finishing 25th/238 (3rd in Age Group) in my first race a few weeks ago, I'm feeling greedy and hoping for another medal, but mostly just want to run fast and have fun. Hopefully it will be a bright spot in a day sure to see disappointment at the hands of the Seminoles.

Comment

Disneyland Half Marathon 2010

2:28:52

I had a 5k of 30:34 10K of 1:06:28 and a 15k of 1:41:54. I really blew up the last 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Here's your chance to flaunt race results. All results need to be either official races or GPS-verified distances if you choose not to race (sorry, I don't trust Nike+. I barely even trust official races.) They also need to be from this time forward--no previous PR's. To enter your result, cut and paste and insert your result at the appropriate distance and order of time. We'll start things off, as this is about the only time I ever see myself in 1st place.

Marathon

Half-marathon
        Salsa 1:53:38 (Bryce Canyon)

I would post a time, but you are too fast for me. Does someone want to do one of these for slow people?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I would post a time, but you are too fast for me. Does someone want to do one of these for slow people?
          Open your own... perhaps you could call it "race times, for the rest of us."

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I'll bet you beat this on Saturday.
            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Racing Cane (Orem, put on by run13) is done....I did the 6k, wife the 3k, kids the 1k.

Finish: 28 overall/3 age group.

didn't make my time goal but I was very close, just felt a little slow today. Still, can't complain in just my 2nd race.

Overall the event was well done and a lot of fun. In my limited experience, Run13 puts on a good, well-organized race. I'd highly highly recommend this one for families. All the kids' races were last in the stadium so everyone could watch and cheer. My son took 2nd and very nearly won. My daughter held hands with a friend and got a side-sticker. My wife, who has had a tough time with injuries and transitioning from treadmill to outdoors, obliterated her time goal in her first ever race. Next up for our family is the BYU Homecoming Cougar Run, a 5k with kids racesin the track complex.

My only complaint on the day is that my son's medal looks cooler than mine.

Comment

Wow, I forgot about this thread. I think I was so psyched at my time that I wanted to brag somewhere. Kind of a weenie move in retrospect, but yes, I'm going to repeat it.

Just finished the first Cedar Canyon Half Marathon. Set a new PR on a really fast course at 1:39.

This was the probably the best-run event I've ever been to, and it was only the first year. I know the director pretty well. He's a very fast runner with lots of races under his belt and undiagnosed OCD, which makes a good combo for a really well-run event. My only complaint was the gun start, but he told me afterward that they were a little surprised at the number of entries, thinking that they wouldn't need chips, and by the time they decided they needed them, it was too late. They'll fix it next year. Other than that, all of the little things were covered, right down to announcing finisher's names. Add that to a really fast course down the most scenic canyon in the state (totally unbiased opinion) and you have the makings of a great event.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
                  Racing Cane (Orem, put on by run13) is done....I did the 6k, wife the 3k, kids the 1k.

Finish: 28 overall/3 age group.

didn't make my time goal but I was very close, just felt a little slow today. Still, can't complain in just my 2nd race.

Overall the event was well done and a lot of fun. In my limited experience, Run13 puts on a good, well-organized race. I'd highly highly recommend this one for families. All the kids' races were last in the stadium so everyone could watch and cheer. My son took 2nd and very nearly won. My daughter held hands with a friend and got a side-sticker. My wife, who has had a tough time with injuries and transitioning from treadmill to outdoors, obliterated her time goal in her first ever race. Next up for our family is the BYU Homecoming Cougar Run, a 5k with kids racesin the track complex.

My only complaint on the day is that my son's medal looks cooler than mine.
                  Medaling in your second event. Nice!
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Medaling in your second event. Nice!
                    Thank you. I medaled in my first as well...so I'm getting spoiled.

Nice job yourself ER! 1:39 damn that's flyin'. I can't imagine sustaining near 7 1/2 min miles for that long, even with the downhill help. So did this thing start up by Cedar Breaks or something? Sounds good, I might have to look into it next year.
                    Last edited by OhioBlue; 09-18-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Mrs. Jones (who doesn't lurk or post here as she has real friends) ran in the local 5K and was timed at 26:08. Not bad for someone who had a baby not too long ago.

Now I just have to beat that time in my first 5K.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

BYU Homecoming Cougar Run today.

wife and I did the 5k. Kids did the kids races. Fun times were had by all, particularly since the race runs along the parade route just minutes before the parade starts, so there was some cheering and music and high-fiving by kids.

Finished 55th overall/8th in age group. The age group right below mine oddly enough I would have taken 2nd with my time, as for my own age group to medal I would have had to run less than a 19:50. I think I need another year before I can even dream of breaking 20.

As it stands, I set a new PR for 5k distance, beat my old one by more than 30seconds. Official time was 23:15 and that included a few seconds getting to the start (gun-timed).

The highlight for me was seeing my wife finish her first 5k. the fact that we finished off the day with tailgating, BYU win, and more tailgating didn't hurt either.

Comment

Oktoberfest 10k this morning. My first 10k race.

29th overall
                          2nd Age Group
                          49:29

My goal was to see if I could break 50, so I'm happy. It was perfect weather and a good event, especially the dogs and sauerkraut at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
                            Oktoberfest 10k this morning. My first 10k race.

29th overall
                            2nd Age Group
                            49:29

My goal was to see if I could break 50, so I'm happy. It was perfect weather and a good event, especially the dogs and sauerkraut at the end.
                            I'm interested to see what your splits were (if you know them), based on your 23:15 5k.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                              I'm interested to see what your splits were (if you know them), based on your 23:15 5k.
                              Wish I knew...is there any way to know that besides using a GPS watch?
                              I would have liked to see them because in that 5k I know I ran out of gas earlier than I wanted and ran a much slower 3rd mile.

Comment

Working...
                              X