Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotoja 2014

http://lotojaclassic.com/main/main/p...4_RegGuide.pdf

I have someone who is trying to persuade me to sign up (or enter the lottery). I'd love to do this ride but, in all honesty, something this long and grueling is probably a couple years down the road.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I have someone who is trying to persuade me to sign up (or enter the lottery). I'd love to do this ride but, in all honesty, something this long and grueling is probably a couple years down the road.
      be careful Molière. I have said the same thing for bout 25 years and now I think I might be too old to ever try it.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

As soon as my kids get a little older, I'd definitely like to take a stab at this. Despite living in Logan for a few years while going to school, I never was able to put together a good run at it. Given that all my summers there were spent in the woods collecting research (i.e. fishing), I couldn't ever train the three months before. And if/when I ever do it, I want it to be something I do well, not something that I just endure 17 hours through.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

RC, are you going to test your bionic knee on it?

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            be careful Molière. I have said the same thing for bout 25 years and now I think I might be too old to ever try it.
            I'm in if creekster's in.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              I'm in if creekster's in.
              I'd love to do this ride but, in all honesty, something this long and grueling is probably a couple years down the road.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

It is a dun ride but make certain your equipment is in good shape and dont let RC make you stop at the first rest stop.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                  RC, are you going to test your bionic knee on it?
                  A buddy from high school wants to do it and asked if I would do it with him. We were going to do it last year but he had a conflict but this year it looks like a go. Signing up for it will provide me with a lot of incentive to ride this summer and get my knee strong again.

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  It is a dun ride but make certain your equipment is in good shape and dont let RC make you stop at the first rest stop.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                  I've learned to blow right through that first stop. You need to come do it again so you can get that first terrible experience out of your mind.

Comment

I just read the course description. The Salt River Pass--after having ridden what, 100+ miles?--with the last three miles at 7 to 9 percent sounds horrible. I think I'll stick with centuries and a double metric this year, but I'm in awe of the Lotojans.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      I just read the course description. The Salt River Pass--after having ridden what, 100+ miles?--with the last three miles at 7 to 9 percent sounds horrible. I think I'll stick with centuries and a double metric this year, but I'm in awe of the Lotojans.
                      It is lots of fun until your buddy leaves to peddle in with a broken axle. You can do it PAC.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

It is lots of fun until your buddy leaves to peddle in with a broken axle. You can do it PAC.
                        I'm not sure it was the broken axle or the fact you still had your winter gear on throughout the race that slowed you down.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          I'm not sure it was the broken axle or the fact you still had your winter gear on throughout the race that slowed you down.
                          The axle fell apart when we undid the wheel. The winter gear didn't help, but try spinning in one gear the last thirty six miles. It was less than ideal. The other part was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            I'd love to do this ride but, in all honesty, something this long and grueling is probably a couple years down the road.
                            Be careful, Cree . . . well, you know.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I just submitted my application. Now I wait to see if I am selected. While it would be great to be able to complete the ride, I'm not so sure I will be heartbroken if I don't get in. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my friend (six-time veteran) wants to set a goal of 10 hours or less. I was hoping to train just to finish, not to finish fast.
                              When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

Working...
                              X