Silicon Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    That jerk off scene was an instant classic. Too funny.
    I've watched that scene four times and still laugh because of the technogeek approach to the subject matter, Erlich's earnest facial expressions (ranging from puzzlement to satisfaction that a viable approach has been formulated), and several great lines (e.g., "...like a couple of Shakeweights"). The episode's official title is "Optimal Tip-to-Tip Efficiency."

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I've watched that scene four times and still laugh because of the technogeek approach to the subject matter, Erlich's earnest facial expressions (ranging from puzzlement to satisfaction that a viable approach has been formulated), and several great lines (e.g., "...like a couple of Shakeweights"). The episode's official title is "Optimal Tip-to-Tip Efficiency."
      I like when Jared asked if girth mattered and then all four of them test it out.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Just watched that scene again. Complementary shaft angle.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I liked the scene. It was really funny. But four times is probably a bit too much, bro. Time for you to hit delete.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I liked the scene. It was really funny. But four times is probably a bit too much, bro. Time for you to hit delete.
            I was watching it a fifth (FIFTH!) time last night when the missus walked in and watched it with me, her first. The scene has now been deleted. If only you had counseled me sooner.

Still very funny, though.

Comment

One of my favorite new acquisitions is HBOgo- it's been worth every cent. I really love not having to torrent the HBO shows- they are always the quickest to send cease and desist notices to your isp. HBO has a pretty good backlog of stand up comedy specials on demand streaming as well.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

A memorable Erlich scene where he comes to Richard's defense after the latter was humiliated by the neighborhood bully kid, including the odd but memorable line, "You just brought piss to a shit fight." NSFW, as you might have surmised.

Comment

A memorable Erlich scene where he comes to Richard's defense after the latter was humiliated by the neighborhood bully kid, including the odd but memorable line, "You just brought piss to a shit fight." NSFW, as you might have surmised.

I tried this once in real life and it didn't go as well. I just needed to slap someone or maybe the kids in San Diego are tougher.

Comment

Mike Judge is awesome. And does this put this show on the same level as Breaking Bad now? So awesome.

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-...%3A1%3ADefault

variance of girth, shaft length, and leg length
                    Last edited by Commando; 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Partial cast reunion in the upcoming Search Party. Middleditch, TJ Miller, and a James Harden look-a-like. Trailer is mediocre, but the Silicon Valley guys might get me to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_e4jVC6z8

Comment

Season 2 promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwTonKwwzYM

Comment

Originally posted by Armenag View Post
                          Loved Erlich's rant at the end, but he's always entertaining. I'm a little vague on the meaning of "dick farmer", but I'm certain I'm better off not knowing.

Comment

Comment

I enjoyed the season opener, especially the scene at AT&T and then the various VC interviews during which Erlich became increasingly offensive. And the bit at the end about seeking less money at a lower valuation, while not funny, is actually pretty accurate. I am aware of a company that had a blowout valuation initially, but through a series of down rounds the founder's stock, which at the closing of an early round was worth over a $100 Million, became essentially worthless through later down rounds. The founder committed suicide, a little like the guy at the bar, although, again, not funny.

The writers are doing a great job of capturing so many lousy, or at least risible, Valley elements.

Comment

This episode was fantastic. The 'cool cousin' discussion had me rolling.

Comment

Working...
                                X