No announcement yet.

Silicon Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this show. All the characters are comedians that I love independent of the show- especially the pakistani character who had some hilarious turns on Portlandia. Lots of good character dynamics- especially between the two millionaire rivals- the douche vs. the weirdo. The dialogue is pretty golden. A great denoument to my sunday nights after GOT.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

BTW, the actor that plays Peter Gregory died several months ago. Supposedly this past episode was the last one he shot before he died.

I'll always remember his thoughts regarding his asparagus "no...I'm only consuming it for its nutrients...not for...enjoyment."

His death...displeases me.
      Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 05-06-2014, 03:20 PM.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        BTW, the actor that plays Peter Gregory died several months ago. Supposedly this past episode was the last one he shot before he died.

I'll always remember his thoughts regarding his asparagus "no...I'm only consuming it for its nutrients...not for...enjoyment."

His death...displeases me.
        WHAT???? He is definitely one of the joys of the show. Well... I hope they do him proud at TechCrunch Disrupt.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Last nights episode had quite a unique stimulus for inspiration. Call that D2F.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Last nights episode had quite a unique stimulus for inspiration. Call that D2F.
            I'm embarrassed that scene had me LOL'ing (fortunately, in solitude as the missus doesn't care for the series). The ultranerdy analysis of how Erlich could service four guys at a time, including girth, floor-to-junk distances, etc. killed me. I may have to turn in my recommend as a sign of good faith.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I'm embarrassed that scene had me LOL'ing (fortunately, in solitude as the missus doesn't care for the series). The ultranerdy analysis of how Erlich could service four guys at a time, including girth, floor-to-junk distances, etc. killed me. I may have to turn in my recommend as a sign of good faith.
              No doubt. I loved how after two hours they had a white board full of algorithms and graphs that would be the envy of pelagius or ER when they finally noticed their CEO was missing.

Comment

Ahhh this show is amazing. The ultimate deus ex machina ending for the season, but who cares? Pied Piper lives to see another day!

Comment

Great to have HBO doing high quality comedies again. This show and Veep both had outstanding seasons. I think Louie is the only half-hour "comedy" that rivals the current HBO comedies, and Louie isn't even that funny most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                    Great to have HBO doing high quality comedies again. This show and Veep both had outstanding seasons. I think Louie is the only half-hour "comedy" that rivals the current HBO comedies, and Louie isn't even that funny most of the time.
                    Louie's an interesting study. I agree that it's not funny most of the time, but I don't know if ha has and yuk yuks are the purpose. It's a pretty mesmerizing show that's funny, but not clutch your belly funny. It's just addictive, fun viewing.

Comment

I am sad Silicon Valley is over.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm still laughing about that line where Gilfoyle says that going to work every day is like he's died and gone to hell and then Dinesh explains it's because he's a Satanist.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          I'm still laughing about that line where Gilfoyle says that going to work every day is like he's died and gone to hell and then Dinesh explains it's because he's a Satanist.
                          I love those two guys. I think my favorite part was when they discover Gilfoyle is an illegal alien.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            I love those two guys. I think my favorite part was when they discover Gilfoyle is an illegal alien.
                            Yeah there was some pretty steep suspension of disbelief involved for the sake of the joke there in that episode.
                            Last edited by Commando; 06-03-2014, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Great show. 4 episodes in and I think Peter Gregory might be my favorite comedic character since Malcolm Tucker.

"Thank you, Florida."

Very sad to hear about Mr. Welch.

Comment

That jerk off scene was an instant classic. Too funny.
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X