Silicon Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Valley

It's uncertain whether this show deserves its own thread, but I'm very interested in this, centered as it is in the place I've worked for the past 30 years or so. That might not be enough to capture my interest, but the fact that it's a MIke Judge production (he of Beavis & Butthead, Idiocracy and Office Space fame). I was never a fan of B&B, but the latter two provided many laughs. I'm hopeful SV will as well. It opens Sunday on HBO.

I always pictured you as an older and less sexier Martin Starr. I'm sure that's part of what grabbed your attention.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Too bad Amazon beat them to the punch.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Watch the premiere tonight. Thought it was pretty funny and has serious potential.

Loved when he said "Steve Jobs was a poser he didn't even write code"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
        *Banned*

Comment

I finally watched the premiere and it didn't disappoint. It moves quickly and is sharply written, moreso in both cases than Office Space. I've been witness to lots of conversations like those portrayed, and the writers have really nailed it, often hilariously so.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Too bad Amazon beat them to the punch.
            There are a lot of similarities, but I thought (so far) SV is funnier than Betas.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I finally watched the premiere and it didn't disappoint. It moves quickly and is sharply written, moreso in both cases than Office Space. I've been witness to lots of conversations like those portrayed, and the writers have really nailed it, often hilariously so.
              "Kid Rock is poorest guy at this party!"

The more I think about the premier and the jokes, the more I enjoyed it.
              *Banned*

Comment

The show is still strong after three episodes. Some very funny writing and good acting. It's been renewed for a second season.

Comment

I finally got around to watching the first episode. It is very funny, indeed, especially if you have been around the silicon valley dorks this show makes fun of.

Best line...
                  This is Silicon Valley not... [pause while googling] Paris, Texas. That's where Campbell's Soup is.
                  and the Texas Eiffel tower:

TXPAReiffel_mwprint.jpg
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Pied Piper website is now live! http://www.piedpiper.com/#hello
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      The Pied Piper website is now live! http://www.piedpiper.com/#hello
                      RICHARD HENDRIKS

“Atrus/The Puppet Master/Ricky”

CEO/President

Richard hails from Tulsa. He has earned degrees from the University of Oklahoma and Stanford. (Go Sooners and Cardinals!)
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        I finally got around to watching the first episode. It is very funny, indeed, especially if you have been around the silicon valley dorks this show makes fun of.

Best line...

and the Texas Eiffel tower:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4133[/ATTACH]
                        I am shocked you thought that was the best line.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          I am shocked you thought that was the best line.
                          You're not expected to understand.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That website is great and is a nice tie-in for the show. Lots of interesting characters; Jared's bio is especially good. And I'm sending the Technology section to a couple of clients whose business plans come disturbingly close to what's written there.

Comment

I think the only way that I could come around to liking this show is if it is revealed that all the code for Pied Piper comes from stackoverflow answers.

Comment

Working...
                              X