X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/enter...est/index.html

Comment

• I guess it will stay Jian Yang's place.

Comment

• he definitely got fired from sv and they let him say it was mutual
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          he definitely got fired from sv and they let him say it was mutual
          I thought he quit because he knew the The Emoji Movie was going to be a huge hit?

On a semi-related note, my wife used to be a big fan of TJ, so we traveled to SLC to watch him do standup a few years ago at a small club. He did a bit about how amazing it must have been when Eli Whitney invented peanut butter and Whitney probably kept it secret, even from his wife, for a while because it was too amazing to share.

After the show, he greeted people and let us take pictures as we filed out. I took the opportunity to inform TJ that Eli Whitney did not invent peanut butter but he was too high/distracted to understand what I was even saying.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
            I thought he quit because he knew the The Emoji Movie was going to be a huge hit?

On a semi-related note, my wife used to be a big fan of TJ, so we traveled to SLC to watch him do standup a few years ago at a small club. He did a bit about how amazing it must have been when Eli Whitney invented peanut butter and Whitney probably kept it secret, even from his wife, for a while because it was too amazing to share.

After the show, he greeted people and let us take pictures as we filed out. I took the opportunity to inform TJ that Eli Whitney did not invent peanut butter but he was too high/distracted to understand what I was even saying.
            Sounds like a troll bit. Isn't Eli Whitney inventing the cotton gin kind of a running joke of a trivia question?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Sounds like a troll bit. Isn't Eli Whitney inventing the cotton gin kind of a running joke of a trivia question?
              I didn't get that sense from him nor the reactions of anybody else in the crowd.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Medically supervised MDMA to treat post-pardem depression. Genius!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tonight's episode was very strong, with at least a dozen good one-liners and a couple of great visuals. This one got a definite lol:

Spoiler for Jared's funny self-assessment:
                  Jared (watching himself on TV): "Is my nose really that big? I look like an anti-Semitic propaganda cartoon."

What Jared does in reaction to what he saw was hilarious and cringe-inducing. Loved it.

Comment

• “like my foster mother used to say, 'donald, you have a face for the closet'”
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• It appears as if they used an actress's face on Fiona and either loaded heavy makeup on her or CGI'd it.

They could have used the real thing and it would have been even creepier and more unsettling:

Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Last night's season finale <sniff> was very strong, a great wrap-up to a fun series. Overall, it was a very good final season--a bit over-the-top weird at times, but never boring. Several amusing shots at Stanford, among other targets.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Last night's season finale <sniff> was very strong, a great wrap-up to a fun series. Overall, it was a very good final season--a bit over-the-top weird at times, but never boring. Several amusing shots at Stanford, among other targets.
                          Agree. I’d love to see a Dinesg and Gilfoyle spinoff tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            Last night's season finale <sniff> was very strong, a great wrap-up to a fun series. Overall, it was a very good final season--a bit over-the-top weird at times, but never boring. Several amusing shots at Stanford, among other targets.
                            I thought it was well done and brought the series in for a safe landing - glad they gave Bachman a nod as much as they could - funny to see Lori in her current circumstance without explanation. Glad they made it to the top.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Just finished watching the first season. Loved it.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Just finished watching the first season. Loved it.
                                Making good use of that hulu/HBO deal.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X