No announcement yet.

BYU Hoops 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin not playing football and will walk onto the basketball team.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Corbin not playing football and will walk onto the basketball team.
      I sure hope he's an option because I'm losing my faith in our current/near future big men (with the exception of Aytes, who really isn't a big man).
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Corbin not playing football and will walk onto the basketball team.
        That says something right there. Coach Rose has spoken.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/criddler21/statu...16322650574848
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Big fella. I hope he doesn't foul as much as his brother.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• BYUs roster is loaded right now. I expect a lot of redshirts and maybe some defections before the season starts.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Is he ever going to play football or is he just going to focus on basketball?

Seems like the basketball team has like 19 people for next year.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                  Is he ever going to play football or is he just going to focus on basketball?

Surfah alleges he will not play football.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post

Cougjunkie posits that there will be lots of redshirts and maybe defections before the season starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      BYUs roster is loaded right now. I expect a lot of redshirts and maybe some defections before the season starts.
                      Here is the roster for next year:

Scholarship players
                      Haws
                      Austin
                      Winder
                      Sharp
                      Halford
                      Collinsworth
                      Fischer
                      Worthington
                      Aytes
                      Bartley
                      Andrus
                      Chatman
                      Nielson

I expect all 13 of the above to play on this years team as part of the 15 man roster.

Here are the walk ons:
                      Kyle Davis - Must redshirt as a transfer from USU
                      Dalton Nixon - I expect him to suit up as part of the 15 man roster
                      Corbin Kaufusi - I also expect him to suit up as part of the 15 man roster
                      Jake Toolsen - I expect Jake to redshirt this year while practicing with the team but not travelling.

By my count BYU has up to 15 scholarship players next year if Andrus and Nixon go on missions like is currently projected. Those 15 are:

SRs - 2 (Collinsworth, Fischer)
                      JRs - 4(Kyle Davis, Jamal Aytes, Frank Bartley, Luke Worthington)
                      SOs - 4 (Jordan Chatman, Casey Calvert, Isaac Neilson, Corbin Kaufusi)
                      FRs - 5 (Nick Emery, Braiden Shaw, Jaykob Hartsock, Zac Seljaas and Jake Toolsen)

I think that the fixes for this is for Calvert to play elsewhere and for Seljaas to go straight on a mission. There are other options such as Davis not getting a scholarship or for Worthington, Neilson or Shaw to move on. My total unqualified opinion is that Calvert will be gone but after him I have no idea and could see it being anyone. If Kaufusi establishes himself as the starting center this year I wonder if Worthington will return. It will make for a fun year to speculate about.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        Here is the roster for next year:

Scholarship players
                        Haws
                        Austin
                        Winder
                        Sharp
                        Halford
                        Collinsworth
                        Fischer
                        Worthington
                        Aytes
                        Bartley
                        Andrus
                        Chatman
                        Nielson

I expect all 13 of the above to play on this years team as part of the 15 man roster.

Here are the walk ons:
                        Kyle Davis - Must redshirt as a transfer from USU
                        Dalton Nixon - I expect him to suit up as part of the 15 man roster
                        Corbin Kaufusi - I also expect him to suit up as part of the 15 man roster
                        Jake Toolsen - I expect Jake to redshirt this year while practicing with the team but not travelling.

By my count BYU has up to 15 scholarship players next year if Andrus and Nixon go on missions like is currently projected. Those 15 are:

SRs - 2 (Collinsworth, Fischer)
                        JRs - 4(Kyle Davis, Jamal Aytes, Frank Bartley, Luke Worthington)
                        SOs - 4 (Jordan Chatman, Casey Calvert, Isaac Neilson, Corbin Kaufusi)
                        FRs - 5 (Nick Emery, Braiden Shaw, Jaykob Hartsock, Zac Seljaas and Jake Toolsen)

I think that the fixes for this is for Calvert to play elsewhere and for Seljaas to go straight on a mission. There are other options such as Davis not getting a scholarship or for Worthington, Neilson or Shaw to move on. My total unqualified opinion is that Calvert will be gone but after him I have no idea and could see it being anyone. If Kaufusi establishes himself as the starting center this year I wonder if Worthington will return. It will make for a fun year to speculate about.
                        I thought Andrus was playing right away?
                        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          I thought Andrus was playing right away?
                          He is playing right away this year, '14-'15, as a true freshman and then going on a mission after this year which would have him not part of the roster next year, '15-'16.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Tav on Corbin:
                            @criddler21 brotha I'm telling you, the Kaufusi kid IS a hooper. Dude got all the tools to be a BIG TIME pro. Not just college. He's a pro!
                            Jonathan Tavernari @For3JT 10h
                            @_Thrill_ @criddler21 No. Nate is good, experienced, reads the game well. But if CK gets solid minutes, he'd start Soph-Sen. #NotBadPlan
                            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• Emery is back with a medical release.

According to the blog post, Emery has been suffering from thoracic outlet syndrome, a condition caused when nerves in the neck and collarbone area become compressed,

“Elder Emery has been given a medical release and will be returning home on Wednesday, August 6 for treatment which may possibly include surgery.”
                              http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...mily-says.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                                Emery is back with a medical release.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...mily-says.html
                                Terrible news.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X