Fargo TV series on FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Based on reviews like this, I picked up Season 1 from my local library a couple of days ago. My wife tapped out during the first episode - wasn't a big fan of the intercourse depicted leading up to the first murder. That made it easier for me to binge through it faster. Billy Bob Thornton was very believable as a remorseless conniver and killer. Lester's transformation was entertaining. Chief Bill ignoring important evidence seems, unfortunately, somewhat believable.

Love the introductory insistence that it a true story, with names changed by request of the survivors but the rest told exactly as it happened out of respect for the dead.

Put in a request at the library for season 2.
    Have you seen Fargo the movie? Your last comment makes me believe you Amy not have, as that is how the movie started as well.

Possible spoiler alert in the link if you haven't seen the movie. https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpos...e6f8ea78c4/amp

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
      Have you seen Fargo the movie? Your last comment makes me believe you Amy not have, as that is how the movie started as well.

Possible spoiler alert in the link if you haven't seen the movie. https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpos...e6f8ea78c4/amp
      I did see it once but it's been a while - didn't remember that. It stood out to me more on the series since I just watched it and it was repeated at the beginning of each episode. It's like Geddes used to say in my Information Systems class - learning is spaced repetition.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

On Season 2 now.

"Hon, you got to stop stabbing him."

This is great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

(bump)
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            (bump)
            Does S3 start soon?
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Does S3 start soon?
              Not sure. Just showing Art V that we have a dedicated thread to that series he discovered.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Didn’t realize Fargo had its own thread. Loved season 1. As DH said, it's as good as anything out there. I may save Season 2 for a thanksgiving binge.
                Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-09-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  Didn’t realize Fargo had its own thread. Loved season 1. As DH said as good as anything it there. May save Season 2 for a thanksgiving binge.
                  You're in for a treat. Season 2 is probably the high bar. And season 3 is just as good as 1, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    Didn’t realize Fargo had its own thread. Loved season 1. As DH said, it's as good as anything out there. I may save Season 2 for a thanksgiving binge.
                    Wow. Good thing donuthole discovered this hidden gem!

Comment

What can I say except you're welcome?
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        What can I say except you're welcome?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          You're in for a treat. Season 2 is probably the high bar. And season 3 is just as good as 1, imho.
                          How can you possibly know this, since S3 isn't even out yet!?

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Does S3 start soon?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Ewan Macgregor's wife knows.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              It came out in April.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                It came out in April.
                                smh there you go missing jokes.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X