No announcement yet.

FX's The Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last episode was the best of the series. The episode that featured Keri Russel's ass was a solid second. This might be one of those shows that plods along ratings-wise that doesn't get recognition from the masses that it deserves until the end, like Breaking Bad.

The big mistake that FX is making is not teaming up with Netflix like AMC. Amazon Prime probably doesn't have half the subscribers that Netflix has.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I've watched this entire series over the last 4 days while hopped up on Perocet. So basically I have no idea how good it is or is isn't.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I am excited for the season finale.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Finale was so-so. The table is set for a solid season 3, though.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

That body disposal!

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              That body disposal!
              Yeah that was memorable.

So NBC has a new show called Allegiance. I gather from the commercial I just saw that it's about a secret KGB couple living in America. A CIA agent lives across the street and is their friend. And the KGB wants to force their kids into also serving the Motherland.

Is that even legal? Yeah sure it will probably get cancelled after 3 episodes but just seems like they took it a little too far.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Yeah that was memorable.

So NBC has a new show called Allegiance. I gather from the commercial I just saw that it's about a secret KGB couple living in America. A CIA agent lives across the street and is their friend. And the KGB wants to force their kids into also serving the Motherland.
                It's more like the Americans 20 years later; they are now inactive agents (technically the husband is an american ... he is just a traitor) and the now grown-up son joins the CIA. Hilarity ensues (or if you prefer: The KGB or whatever its called now wants to activate the couple and have them recruit the son as a double agent).

Comment

We're still making our way through Season 2. I think it's a good show, but agree with MBNoah that the number of killings and kidnappings that this couple pull off is a tad over-the-top. I live fairly close to the Residentura and I've never seen anyone stuffed in the trunk of a car. Although now that I think about it, there have been a number of suspiciously low-riding vehicles.

Comment

So many great scenes tonight. That low speed car chase was tense. The sound design last week with the body disposal and this week with the amateur dentistry was grossly superb. Also CMBF would give this episode an A+.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      So many great scenes tonight. That low speed car chase was tense. The sound design last week with the body disposal and this week with the amateur dentistry was grossly superb. Also CMBF would give this episode an A+.
                      A++. Turn around Keri!
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        A++. Turn around Keri!
                        That was very, very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          A++. Turn around Keri!
                          Too bad it's not on HBO or Showtime -- then we could at least hope for more.

Solid episode last night -- great show.

Comment

Just got around to starting this show. I'm hooked.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

This weeks episode was setting up future episodes. It sure opened and closed on an creepy note though. Was that "Love's Baby Soft" commercial as uncomfortable to watch 33 years ago as it is in 2015? The closing shot of Philip working the CIA director's daughter with that look of "WTF am I doing?" Remember it wasn't long ago that he roughed up the dude from the mall who was hitting on Paige.

This week we get a couple Yazoo songs as the period music.

Comment

This show is getting better every week. I don't remember the Love's Baby Soft commercial at the time, but that was freaky as shit. If Mad Men were a continuously running soap opera, I could see a 55-year old Don Draper, suffering from acute cirrhosis of the liver, coming up with something like that on his deathbed.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X