Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Yikes. Goes 0 for 2.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, good instincts on the revisions, poor execution. I would just let him pick a game tonight, but that wouldn't be completely fair to everyone else (and especially fusnik, who is going to have to re-buy even if both his picks win, as penalty for late entry).
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yeah, good instincts on the revisions, poor execution. I would just let him pick a game tonight, but that wouldn't be completely fair to everyone else (and especially fusnik, who is going to have to re-buy even if both his picks win, as penalty for late entry).
    I am totally fine with your decision. My fault, not yours.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Choke City in Spokane, a Steve Fisher special brought to you by the MWC.

Everyone who is still in, don't forget to get me your 2 Friday picks before first tip tomorrow. If you are re-buying, get me your 4 Friday picks and paypal me another $10. If you still haven't sent me the original $10, please do so.

Thanks
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Friday picks were tough for me. I don't feel confident in any of the pool of possibilities (once I take out the ones I don't want to pick in the first round).

Still need two Friday picks from BYU 71. So far I have picks from the rest of Thursday's winners. I have received re-up picks from the following:

Art Vandelay
    Jeff Lebowski
    IJR
    HFN
    fusnik

If anyone else is planning on re-upping, please get your picks in before first tip.

Still need two Friday picks from BYU 71. So far I have picks from the rest of Thursday's winners. I have received re-up picks from the following:

Art Vandelay
    Jeff Lebowski
    IJR
    HFN
    fusnik

If anyone else is planning on re-upping, please get your picks in before first tip.
    Huh, I sent them in with the Thursday picks. However, now I understand the game better, I will send two new ones.

Note: They were PM'ed at 9:51 MST.
    Last edited by byu71; 03-21-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    Huh, I sent them in with the Thursday picks. However, now I understand the game better, I will send two new ones.

Note: They were PM'ed at 9:51 MST.
    Got the new ones. Thanks.

Ok. Day 2 picks are in. Here's an image of the updated spreadsheet. Eliminated players have been moved to the bottom.

Please double check your picks and make sure I have down what you sent to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tough luck for JL, he only missed it by two games.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Tough luck for JL, he only missed it by two games.
    When you think about it, better to miss by two than by one.

Fair warning to all you chumps: I took a long route into work today and didn't hit a single red light. Then I found a parking spot right next to my building. Got some serious mojo going.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Duke about to make a lot of people unhappy.

I know Duke often lays an egg, but I am still surprised by this. I didn't pick them because I wanted to save them for the next round, not because I thought there was a chance they would lose.

First time I can remember ever being pissed that Duke got upset in the tourney. Thanks DH.

I think he ends up with the 76'ers.

I can't believe how bad Duke looked.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Fair warning to all you chumps: I took a long route into work today and didn't hit a single red light. Then I found a parking spot right next to my building. Got some serious mojo going.
    Damn. So much for that mojo.

Stupid dookies.

Stupid dookies.
    You're looking at it wrong. You're 3-3 so far.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Duke about to make a lot of people unhappy.

I know Duke often lays an egg, but I am still surprised by this. I didn't pick them because I wanted to save them for the next round, not because I thought there was a chance they would lose.
    I have a rule. Never pick Duke. If they lose I'm happy. If they win at least I didn't benefit from it. Nothing good can ever come from a Duke victory.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    First time I can remember ever being pissed that Duke got upset in the tourney. Thanks DH.
    Having Duke gone is well worth the $10 bucks. Just buy back in.

Stupid dookies.
    Please buy back in and pick Florida tomorrow.

Stupid dookies.
    If I were in Vegas and it was an hour earlier I would dump some money on Louisiana-Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    If I were in Vegas and it was an hour earlier I would dump some money on Louisiana-Lafayette.
    Several of us picked Creighton. Elfrid Payton and his Cajuns are making it interesting early!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    You're looking at it wrong. You're 3-3 so far.
    I'm beginning to think JL's odds of getting any picks right are like 1:9,223,372,036,854,775,808.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Several of us picked Creighton. Elfrid Payton and his Cajuns are making it interesting early!
    And still making it interesting late.

Need one Saturday pick before first tip tomorrow from the following (assuming UCLA holds on):

Surfah
    Mrs. DH
    Smr
    CA
    BYU71
    Cj
    IJR
    CJF
    Joe Public
    HFN
    Junior and
    Captain

Anyone who missed today and wants another shot has to re-buy and pick 5 winners tomorrow.

REMEMBER: don't pick a team you already used! I probably won't be online to remind you (cleaning the church tomorrow morning, yippee!), and if you submit a team you already used and don't correct it before 9am pacific, the pick will count as a loss. Conduct yourselves accordingly.

I can't update the spreadsheet from my phone, but he are today's picks:
    HFN- Michigan
    IJR- Syracuse
    CA-Syracuse
    JP-Syracuse
    BYU71-Syracuse
    CJF-Syracuse
    Surfah-Syracuse
    Mrs. DH-Mich St.
    SMR-Mich. St.
    Cj-Mich. St.
    captain-Mich. St.
    Junior-Oregon
    mpass-Louisville

I can't update the spreadsheet from my phone, but he are today's picks:
    HFN- Michigan
    IJR- Syracuse
    CA-Syracuse
    JP-Syracuse
    BYU71-Syracuse
    CJF-Syracuse
    Surfah-Syracuse
    Mrs. DH-Mich St.
    SMR-Mich. St.
    Cj-Mich. St.
    captain-Mich. St.
    Junior-Oregon
    mpass-Louisville
    I'm not all that confident with my Syracuse pick. If they go down I will be ticked at Phat.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

On behalf of the HFN clan's chances, go Dayton! YO can I get an amen?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    On behalf of the HFN clan's chances, go Dayton! YO can I get an amen?
    Amen.

'Cuse needs to get its a$$ in gear toot sweet.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky