Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    I will read through it in the morning or tonight. Might be too complicated for me.
    Relax. It is easy. Very little "deep thinking" involved. Pick two outright winners for tomorrow's games and send them to me in a PM. I'll reply and send you the paypal info.

Have a good round. I feel a birdie on number 8 coming your way.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Relax. It is easy. Very little "deep thinking" involved. Pick two outright winners for tomorrow's games and send them to me in a PM. I'll reply and send you the paypal info.

Have a good round. I feel a birdie on number 8 coming your way.
      Great. I will be more than happy to send you the $10. Get me your address. Paypal and I had a major disagreement.

Birdie would be awesome. If I do I will send you $20.

Comment

I am in!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Great. I will be more than happy to send you the $10. Get me your address. Paypal and I had a major disagreement.

Birdie would be awesome. If I do I will send you $20.
          Check your PM.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Some of you have submitted picks which are actually Friday games. As great as those picks may be, they are destined to cost you $10 and two additional picks unless you get me some Thursday winners. (I am not specifically directing this post at SMR, but if he reads it, it will certainly be to his benefit).

The Thursday games to pick from are as follows:

(11) Dayton vs (6) Ohio State*
            (15) American University vs (2) Wisconsin*
            (9) Pittsburgh vs (8) Colorado*
            (12) Harvard vs (5) Cincinnati*
            (14) Western Michigan vs (3) Syracuse*
            (10) Brigham Young vs (7) Oregon*
            (16) Albany vs (1) Florida*
            (13) Delaware vs (4) Michigan State*
            (10) Saint Joseph's vs (7) Connecticut*
            (15) Wofford vs (2) Michigan*
            (12) North Carolina State vs (5) Saint Louis*
            (12) North Dakota State vs (5) Oklahoma*
            (15) Milwaukee vs (2) Villanova*
            (10) Arizona State vs (7) Texas*
            (13) Manhattan vs (4) Louisville*
            (13) New Mexico State vs (4) San Diego State

Comment

Some of you have submitted picks which are actually Friday games. As great as those picks may be, they are destined to cost you $10 and two additional picks unless you get me some Thursday winners. (I am not specifically directing this post at SMR, but if he reads it, it will certainly be to his benefit).

The Thursday games to pick from are as follows:

(11) Dayton vs (6) Ohio State*
              (15) American University vs (2) Wisconsin*
              (9) Pittsburgh vs (8) Colorado*
              (12) Harvard vs (5) Cincinnati*
              (14) Western Michigan vs (3) Syracuse*
              (10) Brigham Young vs (7) Oregon*
              (16) Albany vs (1) Florida*
              (13) Delaware vs (4) Michigan State*
              (10) Saint Joseph's vs (7) Connecticut*
              (15) Wofford vs (2) Michigan*
              (12) North Carolina State vs (5) Saint Louis*
              (12) North Dakota State vs (5) Oklahoma*
              (15) Milwaukee vs (2) Villanova*
              (10) Arizona State vs (7) Texas*
              (13) Manhattan vs (4) Louisville*
              (13) New Mexico State vs (4) San Diego State
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

I am in. Think of me kindly when you spend my money.
                One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                SU

Comment

Up to 14 participants now. Keep 'em coming, peeps.

Comment

bump
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Is it blind or do we know who gets knocked out along the way, etc?
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Up to 14 participants now. Keep 'em coming, peeps.
                        Everyone jump in. This kind of pick em is mindless and fun. I put a sticky on this thread so people could find it easier.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Everyone jump in. This kind of pick em is mindless and fun. I put a sticky on this thread so people could find it easier.
                          Amen. We should have 30 people, minimum, doing this thing.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

I'm in. Thanks DH.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                              Is it blind or do we know who gets knocked out along the way, etc?
                              Blind submissions (some people don't want to be copied) but once the first game tips I'll post the complete list of today's picks.

It looks like I have a dozen PMs re: new participants, but I have to run to a court hearing. I'll update the spreadsheet while I'm waiting for my case to be called.

Comment

I don't remember a first day like this before. Only one #1 and #3, three #2 and 4 playing today. Seems like it has always been two of everything in the past.
                                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X