No announcement yet.

Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one guy who can't accept a Venmo payment wins. . Congrats mbn. I'll paypal your winnings to you as soon as the transfer from my Venmo to my bank account goes through. Also, Topper still hasn't paid me, so he owes you $10.

Final.JPG
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I take solace in the fact that at least a CSer is taking my money. Nathan R. can gfh. Curtis too.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        I agree. But, you really should think about using that acronym. It's been nearly 40 years since Mitt cried in the highway; let's not regress!
        What's the total payout?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          What's the total payout?
          Not sure exactly, but it's over $500.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• alright, who is running this effer for this year?

I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Dang it. That photo makes me hungry.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                alright, who is running this effer for this year?
                smr, you need a new picture. I'm not the substance that has been removed, I'm the hole that has been left. Never forget it.

We are back for year 6. Post below if you're in. This year, Donut Jr. has been watching a lot of basketball, and he has been excited all season to fill out a bracket. Last night at bedtime, he and I were on his bed talking about stuff and I explained the concept behind knockout pool. He was transfixed. Kid loves numbers and money, so this is right up his alley. He's in and Mrs. Donut said she is bowing out. So far we have the following:

Donuthole
                Donut Jr.
                ERCougar
                smokymountainrain

Last year we had 50 entrants, so let's shoot for 75 this year. Same payment method as before it you still have it. I'll send out a message with that info later today. Also, Topper is banned for stiffing mbn last year unless he can prove that he sent mbn his money timely.

Here are the rules, as per usual:

CS.com Knockout Pool Rules:
                - $10 per entry

- You have to send in your picks via PM (or email for the few non CS members who join) before the start of the first game on Thursday. No exceptions.

- For Thursday of Round 64, you have to pick TWO WINNERS. Not against the spread, just outright winners — again, both teams just have to win. If either loses, you’re out.
                MAKE SURE YOU PICK TWO TEAMS THAT PLAY ON THURSDAY. SOMEBODY MESSES THIS UP EVERY YEAR. EVERY. YEAR. EVERY *REDACTED* YEAR!

- If your Thursday teams both won, you advance and pick TWO WINNERS for Friday. If one or both of your Thursday teams lost, you're out, but you can re-buy in for Friday for another $10 but you have to pick FOUR winners to advance to Saturday).

- If your Friday teams all won, you advance and pick ONE WINNER for Saturday. If any of your Friday picks loses, you’re out … but you can re-buy back in for Saturday for another $10 (only now, you have to pick FIVE Saturday winners and go 5-for-5 to stay alive).

- You can only re-buy in a maximum of three times (and you can’t buy in after the start of Sunday's games).

- You cannot pick the same team twice. Even if you get knocked out and buy back in, you can’t reuse a team. One and done.

- If you nailed your Friday pick (or picks), you only have to pick one winner on Saturday

- If you nailed your Saturday pick (or picks), you only have to pick one winner on Sunday to advance. Can’t be a team you already used.

- If you lose your Saturday pick (or any one of your Saturday picks), you can buy back in for Sunday’s games for the final time … only now, you have to pick SIX Sunday winners that day and go 6-for-6 to stay alive. And again, you can’t pick a team you already used.

- If you make it out of the first weekend alive, you only have to pick one winner per day after that. (Again, you can’t buy back in after that first Sunday.) Remember, you can’t use the same team twice. I hate to keep harping on this, but you’d be amazed how many times it’s been screwed up.

-Once you run out of teams to pick, you advance to the next day but automatically lose. For instance, let’s say you already used Duke in Round 1 and Kentucky in Round 2, then they met on Sunday in the Elite 8 … only you had already picked every other team playing that Sunday. In that scenario, you automatically lose on the next day of games (in this hypothetical, Saturday of the Final 4). You are out of teams.

-Important wrinkle for that last point: Even if you’re out of teams and headed for an automatic loss, you still have to be beaten by another contestant who made a successful pick that same day. An “automatic loss” and “a pick that became a loss” means the same.

- Last man standing wins. Winner takes all. If more than one person is left standing, they can either split the pot or agree to keep going until someone wins … which is obviously the manly thing to do.

EDIT: Just checked: this is our 7th year of doing this.
                Last edited by Donuthole; 03-18-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• In.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• In. What's the buy in again?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      In. What's the buy in again?
                      $10

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        smr, you need a new picture. I'm not the substance that has been removed, I'm the hole that has been left. Never forget it.

We are back for year 6. Post below if you're in. This year, Donut Jr. has been watching a lot of basketball, and he has been excited all season to fill out a bracket. Last night at bedtime, he and I were on his bed talking about stuff and I explained the concept behind knockout pool. He was transfixed. Kid loves numbers and money, so this is right up his alley. He's in and Mrs. Donut said she is bowing out. So far we have the following:

Donuthole
                        Donut Jr.
                        ERCougar
                        smokymountainrain

Last year we had 50 entrants, so let's shoot for 75 this year. Same payment method as before it you still have it. I'll send out a message with that info later today. Also, Topper is banned for stiffing mbn last year unless he can prove that he sent mbn his money timely.

Here are the rules, as per usual:

EDIT: Just checked: this is our 7th year of doing this.
                        thanks for doing this.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• I'm assuming we can invite anybody? as long as they pay the $10, we don't care who participates, right?
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• In. Will try to get Mrs. Omaha as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• In like sin.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• In. Utes all the way!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X