Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1264

Thread: Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

RC,

PM me your deets and i will send over the money I owe you. I still think it was a bad pick .
    *Banned*

Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar

Bump. In!
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

The official PM will go out on Tuesday. For now, let me know if you're in. So far it's

Donuthole
    Mrs. Donut
    DrumNFeather

For those who don't know what this is all about, here are there updated rules:

CS.com Knockout Pool Rules:
    - $10 per entry

- You have to send in your picks via PM (or email for the few non CS members who join) before the start of the first game on Thursday. No exceptions.

- For Thursday of Round 64, you have to pick TWO WINNERS. Not against the spread, just outright winners — again, both teams just have to win. If either loses, you’re out.
    MAKE SURE YOU PICK TWO TEAMS THAT PLAY ON THURSDAY. SOMEBODY MESSES THIS UP EVERY YEAR. EVERY. YEAR. EVERY *REDACTED* YEAR!

- If your Thursday teams both won, you advance and pick TWO WINNERS for Friday. If one or both of your Thursday teams lost, you're out, but you can re-buy in for Friday for another $10 but you have to pick FOUR winners to advance to Saturday).

- If your Friday teams all won, you advance and pick ONE WINNER for Saturday. If any of your Friday picks loses, you’re out … but you can re-buy back in for Saturday for another $10 (only now, you have to pick FIVE Saturday winners and go 5-for-5 to stay alive).

- You can only re-buy in a maximum of three times (and you can’t buy in after the start of Sunday's games).

- You cannot pick the same team twice. Even if you get knocked out and buy back in, you can’t reuse a team. One and done.

- If you nailed your Friday pick (or picks), you only have to pick one winner on Saturday

- If you nailed your Saturday pick (or picks), you only have to pick one winner on Sunday to advance. Can’t be a team you already used.

- If you lose your Saturday pick (or any one of your Saturday picks), you can buy back in for Sunday’s games for the final time … only now, you have to pick SIX Sunday winners that day and go 6-for-6 to stay alive. And again, you can’t pick a team you already used.

- If you make it out of the first weekend alive, you only have to pick one winner per day after that. (Again, you can’t buy back in after that first Sunday.) Remember, you can’t use the same team twice. I hate to keep harping on this, but you’d be amazed how many times it’s been screwed up.

-Once you run out of teams to pick, you advance to the next day but automatically lose. For instance, let’s say you already used Duke in Round 1 and Kentucky in Round 2, then they met on Sunday in the Elite 8 … only you had already picked every other team playing that Sunday. In that scenario, you automatically lose on the next day of games (in this hypothetical, Saturday of the Final 4). You are out of teams.

-Important wrinkle for that last point: Even if you’re out of teams and headed for an automatic loss, you still have to be beaten by another contestant who made a successful pick that same day. An “automatic loss” and “a pick that became a loss” means the same.

- Last man standing wins. Winner takes all. If more than one person is left standing, they can either split the pot or agree to keep going until someone wins … which is obviously the manly thing to do.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I'm in.

To celebrate scottie's return to casual golf viewership, I'm also in.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    To celebrate scottie's return to casual golf viewership, I'm also in.

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

In like chagrin.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

in it to win it, baby!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

In. Mrs. Omaha is in too.

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

I'm in... take it to the bank!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I'm in... take it to the bank!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    hey you stop that
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I'm in.
    And also two non-CUF/CS friends who have paid.

In.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Updated List of Participants:

Donuthole
    Mrs. Donut
    DrumNFeather
    scottie
    Gandalf
    ChillSLC
    falafel
    Moliere
    Pelado
    smr
    Omaha
    Mrs. Omaha
    Mormon Red Death
    GreenMonstah
    Shaun R.
    Christian R.
    Nathan R.
    James
    Erin
    Greg
    Robyn
    Curtis

Keep 'em coming, folks. Last year we had a new record of 43 entrants. Let's see if we can top that this year. Would be cool to get to 50.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 03-12-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

In.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

I am out. Too swamped right now.

Thanks for doing this again, donuthole.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I am out. Too swamped right now.

Thanks for doing this again, donuthole.
    Too swamped to pick two teams for Thursday? You won't have to do anything after that.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Too swamped to pick two teams for Thursday? You won't have to do anything after that.
    I would explain it to you but I am too swamped!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Im in

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I would explain it to you but I am too swamped!
    that was funny, but seriously, suck it up buttercup.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Guys, JL has given up his gambling ways, and that's ok. Let's not pressure him into something he doesn't feel comfortable with. In the meantime, we are presently at 36 participants. Those currently signed up are as follows:

Donuthole
    Mrs. Donut
    DrumNFeather
    scottie
    Gandalf
    ChillSLC
    falafel
    Moliere
    Pelado
    smr
    Omaha
    Mrs. Omaha
    Mormon Red Death
    GreenMonstah
    Shaun R.
    Christian R.
    Nathan R.
    James
    Erin
    Greg
    Robyn
    Curtis
    Clark Addison
    Maximus
    Joe Public

EZO Ludlow
    MRose
    Wavest
    HFN
    ladyduckcoug
    Junior
    Captain
    Hawk
    Ryno
    Art Vandelay
    PigSnot

Those who played last year but are not currently signed up:

CMBF
    Parrothead
    cougjunkie
    clackamas
    eldiente
    ewth8tr
    ER Cougar
    RC Vikings
    Flystripper
    Copelius
    CJF
    Surfah
    Last edited by Donuthole; 03-13-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Flystripper hasn't signed up?!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

been off the board for a week. I will do it.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Clark Addison also needs to text Parrothead to let him know so he's not scrambling to sign up at the last second again.

How do I get in?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    How do I get in?
    Say no more. Look for a PM with payment instructions later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Say no more. Look for a PM with payment instructions later today.
    Awesome!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Send your Thursday picks to me before tip of the first game on Thursday. Pick two winners from following games: