Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1264

Thread: Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

I looking forward to the one or two people that will pick a winner from a Friday game and then end up buying back in only to lose again on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I looking forward to the one or two people that will pick a winner from a Friday game and then end up buying back in only to lose again on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every *redacted* year.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Clark Addison also needs to text Parrothead to let him know so he's not scrambling to sign up at the last second again.
    I sent him something this morning, and he indicated that he will be in.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    RC,

PM me your deets and i will send over the money I owe you. I still think it was a bad pick .
    Pay my entry this year and we’ll call it good.

Up to 43 entrants:

Donuthole
    Mrs. Donut
    DrumNFeather
    scottie
    Gandalf
    ChillSLC
    falafel
    Moliere
    Pelado
    smr
    Omaha
    Mrs. Omaha
    Mormon Red Death
    GreenMonstah
    Shaun R.
    Christian R.
    Nathan R.
    James
    Erin
    Greg
    Robyn
    Curtis
    Clark Addison
    Maximus
    Joe Public

EZO Ludlow
    MRose
    Wavest
    HFN
    ladyduckcoug
    Junior
    Captain
    Hawk
    Ryno
    Art Vandelay
    PigSnot
    mbn
    Flystripper
    cougjunkie
    ER Cougar
    Jamo
    Parrothead
    RC Vikings

We could still use 7 more entrants to get to 50.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Send your Thursday picks to me before tip of the first game on Thursday. Pick two winners from following games:

DH, you forgot the Florida and Villanova games. when you took this, their opponents hadn't been decided which is likely why they are not included, but 6 Florida vs 11 St Bonaventure should be included as well as 1 Villanova vs 16 Radford.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    DH, you forgot the Florida and Villanova games. when you took this, their opponents hadn't been decided which is likely why they are not included, but 6 Florida vs 11 St Bonaventure should be included as well as 1 Villanova vs 16 Radford.

Thanks for pointing that out. I"ll update the list of games and participants shortly.

You are paid and my picks are in. I expect I will be paying you again come Thursday night.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Up to 47 participants. A little over half have paid. Those who haven't, or who haven't contacted me to discuss payment arrangements, please check your PM and follow the payment instructions.

The following people played last year but haven't signed up this year:

CJF
    Copelius
    eqth8tr
    eldiente
    clackamas
    CMBF

Those are your Thursday game choices, folks. Already had a few people submit Friday winners as Thursday picks. (Every *redacted* year.)

I'm in with money and picks. This isn't gambling because I'm using my own intellect and logic.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

I’ll be in a meeting this morning that may last until 10 to 20 minutes after tip off. Keep your pics coming in for those who haven’t submitted already, and I’ll post the spreadsheet as soon as I’m out of my meeting.

picks are in and paid.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Paging Pelado and cougjunkie. Need your picks, fellas.

Sorry cj and Pelado. I waited as long as I could. Here are the Day 1 picks:

Day 1.1.JPGDay 1.2.JPG

Junior and I are the only ones picking Florida in the first round. Based on his prior success, I'd say I'm in good company.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Junior and I are the only ones picking Florida in the first round. Based on his prior success, I'd say I'm in good company.

Carl is the whiz kid, bro. So basically, you're screwed.

The email that went out says the names in green still owe $10, which isn’t correct (for myself and my friends I paid for anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    The email that went out says the names in green still owe $10, which isn’t correct (for myself and my friends I paid for anyway).
    Check the email that went out 2 mins after that:
    email correction.JPG

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Carl Captain is the whiz kid, bro. So basically, you're screwed.
    You know how HFN guards his privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    You know how HFN guards his privacy.
    HFN apparently doesn't even exist to falafel. If he did, he would know that HFN also picked Florida in the first round.

Carl is the whiz kid, bro. So basically, you're screwed.
    Damn, you are right! I was picturing Captain when I said Junior.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

so we need Michigan to go down today. Gonzaga would be cool too.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    so we need Michigan to go down today. Gonzaga would be cool too.
    Gonzaga all knotted up at 60 with 3 minutes to go.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

and UNCG ties it up with 4 to play. would be nice to dump 12 people before 2pm on the first day. lets go Greensboro - at least I think that's what that G stand for!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

well, crap. looks like the Zags will pull it out. Norvell with the dagger.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Pretty good game between Miami and Loyola.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Tied at 60 with one minute to go.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The game? yes The announcers? No so much. the one thing about March CBS has to go deep into their talent pool.

I effin' LOVE march