• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, Maximus!

Comment

• He's the Master.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I'm really surprised we ended up with a single winner. Yesterday morning I thought a split win was almost inevitable after looking at who was left and the picks they had available. But Gonzaga and Purdue losing on the same day wiped out most of the field.

Congrats, Maximus.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm surprised more didn't pick Virginia.

Thanks msu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            I'm surprised more didn't pick Virginia.

Thanks msu.
            Everyone left had already picked UVA. Donut Jr. is still sick about the Purdue loss. Like, there may have been some tears shed. He had Auburn and Mich St. left for the Sunday games and was planning on taking Auburn and "saving Michigan State for next week." Good lesson about counting chickens. Also, I let him know the rule that you can't cry about a sports loss if it's not your team.

Congrats, Max! I'll send you your winnings later this morning when I'm back at the office.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Thanks for doing this DH.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Thanks for doing this DH.

Happy to do it. It's a fun game, and way more interactive than just picking a bracket (assuming you get through that first weekend--I rarely do). Here's a capture of the entire contest this year:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Even though I have never participated, this is really fun to watch each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    Even though I have never participated, this is really fun to watch each year.
                    I assume religious beliefs prevent you from participating?
                    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      I assume religious beliefs prevent you from participating?
                      Nah. My money's on frugality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Nah. My money's on frugality.
                        Pretty much a cheap bastard. That and a luddite. Venmo?? ain't nobody taking my money magically.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          Pretty much a cheap bastard. That and a luddite. Venmo?? ain't nobody taking my money magically.
                          We’ll work with you, man! byu71 (RIP) once mailed me an envelope with ten $1 bills in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Congrats, Maximus!
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              We’ll work with you, man! byu71 (RIP) once mailed me an envelope with ten $1 bills in it.

Speaking of 71, is he dead? He hasn’t been around in forever.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Speaking of 71, is he dead? He hasn’t been around in forever.
                                He is still very much alive and in love with Trump over on CB.

Comment

Working...
                                X