No announcement yet.

Racism...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How exactly did those guys get admitted with all the racism flying about?

Comment

I thought that was interesting and fairly well done. Seems like there are more and more of these spoken word videos and almost all of them have people wearing hoodies, Trayvon style (intentionally, I would imagine). Students should be encouraged to speak out peacefully, even if the message is one of criticism. I contrast this video with one that was recently posted about the BYU student that is atheist and subsequently expelled.

The author claims he is not seeking handouts, only a level playing field, but the truth is that in order for more inner city black kids to be admitted, they would require lower admissions standards (handouts) compared to the hyper-competitive Asian market clamoring to get into that school. SC demographics aren't much different despite the campus being located in the middle of black neighborhoods....maybe 5% of the student body is AA, whereas 60% is white or Asian.

My main takeaway here is that it is good to see those students finally realizing that there really is no pride in being a Bruin.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

NAACP issues trace warning against American Airlines, citing several incidents of alleged racism by employees. Seems a bit of an overreaction to me, but then again I’m a white male so I wouldn’t know.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...velers-n814106

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Wait for the other lady's rebuttal.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Wait for the other lady's rebuttal.
            I couldn't catch what was said in the last 20 seconds to make the host completely shut things down. It must have been bad, but my ear isn't in tune enough to make out what that crazy last says

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              I couldn't catch what was said in the last 20 seconds to make the host completely shut things down. It must have been bad, but my ear isn't in tune enough to make out what that crazy last says
              I couldn't understand it either.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                She says something to the effect of her daughter won't be best friends with someone named after a wine, and that someone named Chardonnay is probably really more of a "Black Tower" or "Blue Nun". I don't know what that means, but i'm guessing those are the British equivalents of 2-buck Chuck, consumed primarily by a certain demographic.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  She said those girls should have been named Black Tower or Blue Nun, instead of something like Chardonnay, because those are cheaper bottles of wine.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

yikes!
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      She says something to the effect of her daughter won't be best friends with someone named after a wine, and that someone named Chardonnay is probably really more of a "Black Tower" or "Blue Nun". I don't know what that means, but i'm guessing those are the British equivalents of 2-buck Chuck, consumed primarily by a certain demographic.
                      Those are cheap wines

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Thanks, makes sense.

Comment

I gather that this woman makes a career of going on shows like this (or maybe just this show) and stirring the pot. Sort of like a small time Ann Coulter.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

FTR, anyone who names their kid "Chardonnay" deserves tons of mocking and ridicule.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X