Racism...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    FTR, anyone who names their kid "Chardonnay" deserves tons of mocking and ridicule.
    Sure, but the kid doesn't. Right?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I never realized Tyler had such a bad connotation. I can understand not liking Brandons, but Tyler?

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Of course she does. She's probably not doing her homework.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          That kid deserves our pity.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That kid deserves our pity.
            That's the awful thing about what that woman says....she doesn't take any pity, she just straight up won't even let her kids play with Chardonnay.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

FTR, anyone who names their kid "Chardonnay" deserves tons of mocking and ridicule.
              I grew up knowing sisters named Brandy and Sherry. I was in HS before I realized they were named after booze.

Comment

This is a long and boring story that is tangentially related to racism, so feel free to move on. The missus has been going through old family slides and scanning them for posterity. When I came home last evening she was laughing very hard at this picture:

1964Easter Park where negroes had egg hunt.jpg

That's her mother, Mrs. PAC and her four sisters at an Easter picnic in 1964. The funny part is that her mother had written on the slide "Park where negroes had egg hunt." Her mother wasn't truly racist, and indeed that's pretty much the way people spoke back then, but it's still funny that that was the takeaway. When the missus shared this with her oldest sister (the one standing to the right), it brought back a flood of memories. Their family was the only white family at the park, and a very large black congregation was celebrating there. The pastor came over and invited the family to join them. He also brought along a young male member of the congregation and asked if the oldest sister would mind dancing with him. The boy was about as uncomfortable as she was, but away they went, dancing to the Platters. It was apparently a variation of this scene, with my wife's father giving up his daughters to the group:

Comment

That looks like so many photos of our family back in the 60's... right down to the Shasta pop cans with the mountain outline.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Well, it seems that Ralph Northam lost the black vote in Virginia...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That can’t be an accident by CNN
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

That can’t be an accident by CNN
                        I’m guessing that CNN added the “R” to label him a Racist... which is synonymous with Republican if you ask Frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oh wait, this is the same governor that supports infanticide... given the new revelations about Ralph Northam I am guessing he was only talking about black babies.

Given all the stuff coming out about Ralph Northam no wonder CNN labeled him with a "(R)" and none of the dems claim to know what he said...

I guess the plan is to keep him comfortable but not resuscitate him... the dems must have had a discussion amongst themselves and decided to abort him.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hmm... more proof that Northam is a "(R)":

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Well, it seems that Ralph Northam lost the black vote in Virginia...

He doesn't believe it was him in that photo. But I guess he can't unequivocally say it wasn't?

Edit: I should add that I think it's stupid to use this to try to get him to resign.
                              Last edited by Bo Diddley; 02-02-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                He doesn't believe it was him in that photo. But I guess he can't unequivocally say it wasn't?
                                Ok, whatever “coonman” says...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X