Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hacked again

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    They are gone now. But it was just basic jibberish. Random use of letters and numbers for the title, and then in the body of the post as well. I found them in each category first thing this morning.. The username was also jibberish (No coherent name whatsoever). I figured it was a delayed April Fools joke actually..
    We have a spam filtering system that works pretty well but I think it was broken during the most recent hack. We have been deleting at least 40-50 new threads per day but almost all have been put in the moderation queue so most of you would never see them. I did a reinstall on the spam filter this morning and beefed it up a bit so hopefully that will fix things.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We have a spam filtering system that works pretty well but I think it was broken during the most recent hack. We have been deleting at least 40-50 new threads per day but almost all have been put in the moderation queue so most of you would never see them. I did a reinstall on the spam filter this morning and beefed it up a bit so hopefully that will fix things.

Ahh.. Must of come through during the reinstall or something. That has to be a pain..

Why not just suspend new user registrations altogether?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Also, dial back on certain existing users.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Ha. Tempting.

There are more draconian measures we can take.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

FWIW, I'm seeing the same ads in tapatalk I started seeing just before we were hacked last time.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

You're like a tsunami warning sensor bobbing out there in the ocean.

I'm heading to higher ground.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    FWIW, I'm seeing the same ads in tapatalk I started seeing just before we were hacked last time.
    I see them too, in tapatalk.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Something weird is going on. Every thread I read shows that there are additional subsequent pages in the thread, even when I know I'm reading the post recent page/posts in the thread.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Something weird is going on. Every thread I read shows that there are additional subsequent pages in the thread, even when I know I'm reading the post recent page/posts in the thread.
    I think it has to do with Topper's demise.

Everything is fine. Move along now.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Everything is fine. Move along now.
    Like I would ever trust the government. Ha!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Are we back?

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Are we back?
    We are back!

Sorry everyone. Not a hack, I just screwed up applying a security patch, so we had to restore from a backup.

Try not to let that happen again, JL. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do at work all day?!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Try not to let that happen again, JL. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do at work all day?!
    I figured your bosses would all thank me.

It warms my heart to see how many of you contacted me offline.

I tried calling your office but your secretary wouldn't put me through
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Sorry about that. Those sexy faxes were meant for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Sorry about that. Those sexy faxes were meant for someone else.
    erotic ASCII art
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    erotic ASCII art
    Your faxes were intentionally sent. S,JBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I tried calling your office but your secretary wouldn't put me through
    What? You don't have JL's cell number?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    What? You don't have JL's cell number?
    Um, I tried calling his OFFICE.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Not a hack, I just screwed up applying a security patch, so we had to restore from a backup.
    lol. You are dumb.

We are back!

Sorry everyone. Not a hack, I just screwed up applying a security patch, so we had to restore from a backup.
    Good to hear. Has anyone else heard that Kim Joung-un's wife was in an adult film? It's true.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

I have been seeing all kinds of spam posts on the board lately. I don't really care but I just wanted to know if I was the only one.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I have been seeing all kinds of spam posts on the board lately. I don't really care but I just wanted to know if I was the only one.
    You using Tapatalk? If so, Tapatalk is free now and they run ads to generate revenue. We get about a $10-15 kickback per month which helps cover our hosting costs.

I am on a PC at the moment.

I am seeing posts by nonsensical names on various topics

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I am on a PC at the moment.
    If you are talking about the occasion post from a new person with poor english skills promoting a movie-download site or something, we just try to stamp those out as we go.

If you are talking about the occasion post from a new person with poor english skills promoting a movie-download site or something, we just try to stamp those out as we go.
    yeah I think that is it. I think they are showing up in the blog section of the site as well but it shows up on my "what's new" list