Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacked again

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I was able to replicate the reported issue just as Clark described it. It is (unfortunately) not as simple as a cache problem... quick google search reveals it is a site configuration issue. See here:

<http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-after-upgrade>

Also, wrong thread?
    Hmm....

The forum URL was already set to:

http://www.cougarstadium.com

The "redirect domain whitelist" was blank. I added the following:

http://cougarstadium.com
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/forum.php
    http://cougarstadium.com/forum.php

Let me know if that helps.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I hear Tirana is an awesome town.
    Mussolini thought so highly of it he took it from King Zog.
    Last edited by wuapinmon; 03-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Is anyone else seeing two boxes when using their iPhone? One says "Open App" and the other says "Install".. I have tried closing safari and opening new, signing in, but to no avail..

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Remember our recent hackers? Looks like they left some deeply-buried folders that hijacked our site to use us a Paypal phishing site. Paypal figured it out and asked our hosting service to shut us down. They found the offending files and deleted/locked them. This fixed the problem. Unfortunately, we are now listed as a malicious site by certain DNS servers. Some of our posters are being blocked from the site. I am trying to find out how to fix this or if it will eventually go away. Let me know if you encounter this problem.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Remember our recent hackers? Looks like they left some deeply-buried folders that hijacked our site to use us a Paypal phishing site. Paypal figured it out and asked our hosting service to shut us down. They found the offending files and deleted/locked them. This fixed the problem. Unfortunately, we are now listed as a malicious site by certain DNS servers. Some of our posters are being blocked from the site. I am trying to find out how to fix this or if it will eventually go away. Let me know if you encounter this problem.
    Can you get a listing of the posters that are being blocked? Maybe we don't want it fixed....
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I don't know if this is related, but in Firefox, as I am sure you know, when you have a tab open it has the logo/avatar thingy that represents the website that particular tab is open to. CS's changed in the last couple of days and is now some V/check mark type thing that I am not sure is intentional as it doesn't seem to be anything that would be representative of CS.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I don't know if this is related, but in Firefox, as I am sure you know, when you have a tab open it has the logo/avatar thingy that represents the website that particular tab is open to. CS's changed in the last couple of days and is now some V/check mark type thing that I am not sure is intentional as it doesn't seem to be anything that would be representative of CS.
    Same for me in Chome.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Can you get a listing of the posters that are being blocked? Maybe we don't want it fixed....
    Sorry, I am still here.

Been that way for nearly a month for me (since the Albania hack last month).
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Been that way for nearly a month for me (since the Albania hack last month).
    Yeah, I think that is when it happened for me too. Has it really been a month though?

It is called the favicon. That is on my list to fix too.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

THAT is why my iPhone was not opening it today.. It is odd how that works.. I am using my works wifi.. But my work computer is fine..

Not a big deal....just thought you might want to know in the event you didn't already.

I have not noticed any changes
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

At work it is the oval Y at home it is the vbulletin default.

Works fine down here.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I'm getting the phishing warning intermittently. I can still get on about 30% of the time I try today. Weird.

Site was down for a few minutes this morning as I installed a new security patch. Hopefully this will help foil the hackers.

We are back up now.

Site was down for a few minutes this morning as I installed a new security patch. Hopefully this will help foil the hackers.

We are back up now.
    Looks like there is a new one. Sorry, JL. That's got to be frustrating.

In showing your pro-Albanian side perhaps your anti-Israel side has been obscured.
    Last edited by hostile; 03-15-2014 at 06:09 AM.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Looks like there is a new one. Sorry, JL. That's got to be frustrating.

In showing your pro-Albanian side perhaps your anti-Israel side has been obscured.
    I am not seeing it. What are you seeing?

I am not seeing it. What are you seeing?
    Never mind. I got it.

Never mind. I got it.
    OK. Just on the home page, not the forum subpage.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

I suspect mindfulcoug's involvement.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Fixed. For now.

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I suspect mindfulcoug's involvement.
    It's an inside job. It's about all I could reveal. You'r welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulCoug View Post
    It's an inside job. It's about all I could reveal. You'r welcome!
    A Mindful sighting!
    Hooray!
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    A Mindful sighting!
    Hooray!
    Thank you! Not the best thread to hang out though.
    Last edited by MindfulCoug; 03-18-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Interesting posts showing up through the "New Posts" feed..

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Interesting posts showing up through the "New Posts" feed..
    Can you be a little more specific?

Can you be a little more specific?
    They are gone now. But it was just basic jibberish. Random use of letters and numbers for the title, and then in the body of the post as well. I found them in each category first thing this morning.. The username was also jibberish (No coherent name whatsoever). I figured it was a delayed April Fools joke actually..

Sorry. I should of done a print screen for you.