Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacked again

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    One time I had to sit on an airplane next to two large Albanian women with excruciatingly severe body odor.
    You fool! This observation will enrage the hackers. But I'm also reminded of a Woody Allen line that his uncle was haunted throughout his life by the belief that he was being followed by Albanians.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Trying to install a security patch. There might be a few stretches where we go offline for a few minutes.
    Yeah, I typed a thorough and incredibly helpful NYC tourism post for FM in his thread a few moments ago, but when I hit "Post Quick Reply" I got a message you were tinkering with the site, and my manuscript is lost forever; FM cannot read a sealed post.

Albania has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Yeah, I typed a thorough and incredibly helpful NYC tourism post for FM in his thread a few moments ago, but when I hit "Post Quick Reply" I got a message you were tinkering with the site, and my manuscript is lost forever; FM cannot read a sealed post.

Albania has a lot to answer for.
    That is why I ALWAYS copy my long posts to the clipboard prior to clicking the submit button. It has saved me countless times.

Or in some cases I type in notepad first and then copy-paste.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That is why I ALWAYS copy my long posts to the clipboard prior to clicking the submit button. It has saved me countless times.

For the occasional long post, I'll type it in Word and then paste, but failed to do so this morning. The fault is mine.

lol @ ub5 for not being important enough to hack. Also lol @ub5 for liking Albanians.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

I just assume if a post is deleted that God is telling me that no one would like it anyway.

With the help of our hosting company, I updated the vbulletin software to the latest 4.x release with the latest security patches. Hopefully, that will do it.

In the meantime, let's get some threads going extolling the virtues of the great nation of Albania.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Mother Theresa was from Albania. She was great.

With the help of our hosting company, I updated the vbulletin software to the latest 4.x release with the latest security patches. Hopefully, that will do it.

In the meantime, let's get some threads going extolling the virtues of the great nation of Albania.
    Albania is awesome compared to that shithole called the People's Republic of China. The Republic of China in Taiwan is the only legitimate and true China.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Albania is awesome compared to that shithole called the People's Republic of China. The Republic of China in Taiwan is the only legitimate and true China.

Albania is a staunch US ally.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

My List of All-Time Greatest Albanians:

1. Mother Teresa
    2. Mother Teresa
    3. Bardylis the Illyrian king
    4. Adil - the foreign-exchange student who took Bart's place when Bart went to France.
    5. The Tophane Group
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Sorry don't like that list.

my list:

john belushi
    Adil, that foreign exchange student that went to live with the Simpsons and turned out to be a spy

pretty short list
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

My list of greatest Albainians without cheating and looking at your lists:

1) The guys who keep hacking CS.

I don't like them, or think they are great. They are just only Albanians I knew existed. I do recall that they have a sweet red flag with a cool two headed black bird thing. I am just not sure there are actually any people in the country to wave the flag.

Wrong thread, guys.

Is Albania in South America? Or is that Armenia?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Ever since the recent upgrade, I need to log in each time I come to the board. Does everyone have to do this, or just me? This happens on multiple computers on completely different networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Ever since the recent upgrade, I need to log in each time I come to the board. Does everyone have to do this, or just me? This happens on multiple computers on completely different networks.
    I don't have to type "wuap" in the search box anymore. It's always there; I have to delete it to search for something else.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Not me. Did you click the "Remember Me" box?

Not me. Did you click the "Remember Me" box?
    Yes, click it every time. Maybe I'll try clearing out my history.

Yes, click it every time. Maybe I'll try clearing out my history.
    I get an "invalid re-direct" message when I log in. Then, I click on the logo at the top and it sends me to the front page. Not that big of a deal, but just FYI.

PS - I hear Tirana is an awesome town.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

I have to do this as well. A little annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I get an "invalid re-direct" message when I log in. Then, I click on the logo at the top and it sends me to the front page. Not that big of a deal, but just FYI.

PS - I hear Tirana is an awesome town.
    Same for me as well.

sounds like a cache issue
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

What I have found it that when I hit the "C" key, it goes to "cougarstadium.com", and I need to log in every time. However, if I manually put in "www.cougarstadium.com", it remembers me and I don't need to log in (plus I don't get that "invalid redirect" message).

This is true both at home, where I use Chrome, and at work, where I very very rarely get on CS, and am forced to use IE. I don't know enough about how these things work to know why this is.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    sounds like a cache issue
    Maybe a Cache Valley Cheese issue, now if we had some mishavin these problems would go away.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Bookmarks, people. Bookmarks.

I updated my bookmark and removed the old passwords and saved again and it looks like it solved the problem...

Thanks JL

I was able to replicate the reported issue just as Clark described it. It is (unfortunately) not as simple as a cache problem... quick google search reveals it is a site configuration issue. See here:

<http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-after-upgrade>

Also, wrong thread?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

But I like just hitting "C - <Enter>"