Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hacked again

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    yeah I think that is it. I think they are showing up in the blog section of the site as well but it shows up on my "what's new" list
    I need to shut down that whole blog section. Nothing but spam.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Agreed.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Agreed.
    I just turned it off.

Take that, spammers!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Lost Student JL
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I am seeing posts by nonsensical names on various topics
    that is just clackamascoug and BYU71. they post regularly here.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Boo!

At least I'll always have this. http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post991298

Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've visited the old blog and I have no idea what I wrote in it.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Are the Albanians back?

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Are the Albanians back?
    This current issue seems more like the work of the Kazakhs...

Something seems to be messing with my employer's firewall again. I can view the thread topics in the forum just fine but when I click to view the thread something is triggering a fire wall block. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Something seems to be messing with my employer's firewall again. I can view the thread topics in the forum just fine but when I click to view the thread something is triggering a fire wall block. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
    Same thing is happening to me. The description made me think something had changed in my companies settings, but if others are experiencing it, maybe it is something else.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 03-31-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Weird.

If you guys want to PM me the e-mail address of your corporate IT person, I can dig into it. It worked last time.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Weird.

If you guys want to PM me the e-mail address of your corporate IT person, I can dig into it. It worked last time.
    My company is far too bureaucratic to be able to provide a contact.

The denial page lists the site as a Newsgroup/Forum, but then says that the site is suspicious. "Sites considered to have suspicious content and/or intent that poses an elevated security risk. This categorization is determined by analysis of web reputation factors. Also includes sites that are part of the Web and spam email ecosystems."

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    My company is far too bureaucratic to be able to provide a contact.

The denial page lists the site as a Newsgroup/Forum, but then says that the site is suspicious. "Sites considered to have suspicious content and/or intent that poses an elevated security risk. This categorization is determined by analysis of web reputation factors. Also includes sites that are part of the Web and spam email ecosystems."
    Yeah, that is the same as last time. I just emailed the IT folks and they sent a note to the filter services and it seemed to clean up for everyone.

Yeah, that is the same as last time. I just emailed the IT folks and they sent a note to the filter services and it seemed to clean up for everyone.
    Hasn't fixed it for me. Did you do that on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    Hasn't fixed it for me. Did you do that on purpose?
    No!

No!
    Just kidding. I know you to be a fair guy.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    Just kidding. I know you to be a fair guy.
    He was saying "No!" while nodding his head yes. I was here and saw the whole thing. True story.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    This just started happening to me this morning. I can get in the main page, and see a lot of threads, but can't get into any threads.

Anyone seen Uncle Ted? Did the Dude upgrade the malware?

What gives? When I click on the time to get a new smoker thread, I get this message:

Screenshot_20180714-095331.jpg

Edit: I only get this on my phone, not my laptop, so maybe it's just something on my phone.
    Last edited by Bo Diddley; 07-14-2018 at 09:03 AM.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    What gives? When I click on the time to get a new smoker thread, I get this message:

Screenshot_20180714-095331.jpg

Edit: I only get this on my phone, not my laptop, so maybe it's just something on my phone.
    Well pretty soon the browsers are going to start complaining about web sites that don't use https, which is the case for this one.

Server/website was down today. I submitted a ticket to our hosting service and it just came back online. Waiting for a report on what happened.

Sorry for the hassle.

Interesting that it happened the same day Trump met with Putin...
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Good to have it back...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

The internet needed a little grease, apparently.

There was a networking gear that was causing the slowness and engineers fixed it and everything is back to normal.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I like the image of some guy in overalls with an oil can squirting a couple of drops here and there, and voila! Glad it's up and running again.

I am betting it was actually the 12 russian hackers... Frank is on to them and they are trying to slow him down. Give them hell, Frank!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I like the image of some guy in overalls with an oil can squirting a couple of drops here and there, and voila! Glad it's up and running again.
    For some types of network outages, you would be surprised. True (OK, maybe slightly embellished) story from work:

We had power to a data center go down. Data center is supposed to have diesel-powered backups but something malfunctioned and the diesel gens didn't kick in. Eventually they got power back up but when they powered things up a board in a SAN controller blew up. That SAN just happened to host the storage for a bunch of critical things so the entire data center was still non-functional until someone could find some new guts for the SAN controller. It was about 3:00 in the morning and our entire global Engineering and Ops organization was online waiting for some dude to drive from one part of town to the other with a new board for the SAN controller. The war-room conversation went something like this:

Executive: What's the status?
    Engineers: We're waiting for a vendor to bring a new controller board for the SAN.
    Executive: Well where is he? What's taking so long?
    Engineers: He's on the freeway heading south. Siri says he'll be at the data center in 35 minutes.
    Executive: Can't he go any faster?
    Engineers: He's only got a Kia. He's going 85 mph and it starts to shimmy if he goes any faster.
    Executive: Damn!

Executives and customers were not pleased with that particular fiasco.

Thank you for taking down the thread about retards and Ute fans. I trust you exercise better judgment in your calling.

- BG

He didn't delete it, he just moved it to the high IQ part of the board.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!